ffim available in the near future?

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Talked to the foundry today...Tooling is almost done, took a little bit longer than expected. We will have the FIRST one here next week and photo's will be taken and posted as soon as it gets here. Pricing and prebuy list will be out next week also.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
I will have the first of the intake's in my hands on Monday and Jack will upload pictures right away. Should take a day to machine and than we will install it on our 90 to see what we have.
So I now have till Monday to finish working on the 3000 and move it to make room for the supra, and my MR2 is coming back today after I had a 8 point roll cage installed,lots to do.
Greg Clark

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Finished casting on my desk right now. We spent the last half hour taking pics and going over pricing right now. I will be sending out a newsletter in a few hours with all the pixs, prices and it will go on sale TONIGHT!

The first casting is a rough finish because we use it to proof the tooling, the production pieces will have a MUCH nicer finish than this one

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Pictures are up on their site.
Looks that the introductory price is about $995, without any add-ons such as being machined for cold start injector or AIC, and with either stock or Q45 throttle body.

Neat drop-down option pricing on page.

Hats off to SupraSport/LIPP for bring out a quality product,
that looks better than ANY fabbed ffim that I have ever seen.
Good Job guys !

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
:( I still don't get SS news letters even after having Jack put me on the mailing list after for some reason it wouldn't let me sign up. I guess SS dosent like me :p

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
seems like a pretty high price. Rons manifold are hand built and top notch quality for less.

not trying to shit on your product, it looks great, I just think you may sell more if priced differently.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Not to rain on Ron's manifolds,
but the junction between the plennum, and the port runners is no where near as nice as the LIPP.
The LIPP has a nice radius, and is actually larger at the junction,
making for a nice funnel shape, that gives better flow.

I noticed this at the git go when he posted up the original drawings.
That is why I have been keeping an eye on this thread.

The only thing close are the ones in Japan, that actually have little velocity stacks welded inside.
And guess what, they are the same price, only they are fabricated,
and have rather small clearance over the rear runner.

This LIPP is Titts !

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
x2, nice product, but for the price i think ron's is better, i am a bit disappointed i was hoping sub 1k$ at least, but it looks awesome guys, good job.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Not a bad price considering the Nitro ports and the fact that it is cast.
With this piece you get a little more. Not a bad price at all guys.

Edit: Not anything agianst ron but I would actually trade my unused RonR for a new Lipp unit

Last edited:

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
Awesome!! There goes my next paycheck.....

I would love to see pictures and what more items are needed to install this puppy. Definitely this will be on my next project list, sooner than expected.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
It would (will?) be more than worth the price if (when?) SS gets a CARB exemption (would have to be packaged with a FMIC kit).

A cast FFIM can actually get an exemption if someone went through the hassle, there's 0 chance of getting a fabricated sheet metal intake manifold past CARB

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
To the guys at SS...way to follow through with such a killer product for the die hard 7M'rs out there...and only like a month later than you said you would...that's pretty damn good service IMHO.

To the people whining about the price...Go read some books, get educated, or work more hours...don't whine about what you cannot afford. If you think that SM and SF are their target audience for stuff like this, guess again...they aren't a small outfit, so don't think whining is gonna get the price dropped.