ffim available in the near future?

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Tooling will be finished in 3 to 4 week. First intake will be 1 week after that. Than if there are no changes that have to be made to delay production, it is set to go. I already put in an order, if they are a go for production, of 40 intakes for the first run.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Moy;1328443 said:
Would there be an adapter plate made available for those who aren't running enough power to exceed the size of the stock TB and want to get into boost quicker (or something along those lines)?

To add on to my previous question (see above), would I be able to keep my A/C and battery in the stock locations?

I feel like you've covered this already (and I've read the thread), but it seems to have slipped my mind...

Thanks guys!

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Moy;1334950 said:
To add on to my previous question (see above), would I be able to keep my A/C and battery in the stock locations?

I feel like you've covered this already (and I've read the thread), but it seems to have slipped my mind...

Thanks guys!

You will be able to keep the battery in stock location. I have made a new bracket to hold the alternator in a lower position. I will not know for sure about the ac until all of the parts and assembled together. We are planning on the ac to be in stock location, we soon will know!

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Toy-Rific;1334990 said:
You will be able to keep the battery in stock location. I have made a new bracket to hold the alternator in a lower position. I will not know for sure about the ac until all of the parts and assembled together. We are planning on the ac to be in stock location, we soon will know!

That is most excellent! :love:

Now... about the throttle body question... will there be an adapter plate made available to be able to retain the stock throttle body for those not running enough power to warrant a larger throttle body?

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Moy;1335056 said:
That is most excellent! :love:

Now... about the throttle body question... will there be an adapter plate made available to be able to retain the stock throttle body for those not running enough power to warrant a larger throttle body?

No, there is not an adapter plate at all. I will machine each one to fit the throttle body that each order wants. I would not use the stock one because it is ugly, too many ports to use and I believe the linkage will be on the side towards the motor. The after market ones will let you have the linkage on the outside, away from the motor and are clean looking. They also are 70mm or 80mm or 90mm in size. I do believe that the stock throttle will fit the hole pattern of the 70mm and the Q85 will fit the 80mm size bolt pattern. But if you order a intake I will make it so you will be able to use your stock throttle body.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Toy-Rific;1335100 said:
No, there is not an adapter plate at all. I will machine each one to fit the throttle body that each order wants. I would not use the stock one because it is ugly, too many ports to use and I believe the linkage will be on the side towards the motor. The after market ones will let you have the linkage on the outside, away from the motor and are clean looking. They also are 70mm or 80mm or 90mm in size. I do believe that the stock throttle will fit the hole pattern of the 70mm and the Q85 will fit the 80mm size bolt pattern. But if you order a intake I will make it so you will be able to use your stock throttle body.
I think what he might have been wanting was answered when you said here is a 70mm TB available. He said he didn't male the power to go bigger and 70 is (basically) the same as stock. (atleast I think... My stock is 2.75" =69.xx cm)

So if we go with the 70mm it's a really nice swap, same couplers, throttle cable. The wait is killing me now lol

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
turbo87targa;1338091 said:
I think what he might have been wanting was answered when you said here is a 70mm TB available. He said he didn't male the power to go bigger and 70 is (basically) the same as stock. (atleast I think... My stock is 2.75" =69.xx cm)

So if we go with the 70mm it's a really nice swap, same couplers, throttle cable. The wait is killing me now lol

Well... yes and no...

Toy-Rific;1335100 said:

It's not about "pretty" or "ugly" for me. It's more like I'd want the capability to have a larger throttle body later on when I'm making the power for it, but would like to use the stock throttle body up until that time.

I also live in a colder climate (like you folks in Minnesota). I live on the IL/WI border, and would need the coolant passages through the stock throttle body to help warm it all up for cold starts and on cold days. I drive my car all year long, it's my daily driver. I don't store it in the winters like a lot of people on the forum.

The above two statements are why I asked about an adapter plate being available. In regards to the larger TB's you have available, do they have the provisions for all of the features of the stock throttle body (coolant passage, pcv, etc)? Or, for the PCV, would it plumb into another port on the back or underside of the intake manifold?

Another question I have regards the EGR. Would your manifold have provisions in the 6th runner for the EGR, and if so, it your manifold would obviously have to be able to withstand the temperatures of those exhaust gasses.

What I'm trying to get at, is is this manifold primarily for those on a strictly performance build, or can it be used with all of the stock features as a type of upgrade? (Sort of sketchy question, I apologize for this)

Thanks
-Chris

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
to attempt to answer some of the vagueness in moys question, I believe this is being made for both reasons, ie: those exeeding the limits of the stock Mani, and those just wanting to clean up the engine and rid themself of the heatsoaking stock setup.

As far as the other stuff I have no idea but am interested to know aswell.
( although this being from lipp I'm sure they've got something in the making of that, when they say bolt on, they mean it. )

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
7m-gtte;1349615 said:
i already knew that i was just seeing if there had been any changes to the design, etc....

No,No,No! I don't want to make any more changes to the intake. Just trying to finish the tooling and than have the first cast intake made. Will machine and install on our 90 MKIII and than on to production. Any way that is the plan.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Moy;1338176 said:
Well... yes and no...

It's not about "pretty" or "ugly" for me. It's more like I'd want the capability to have a larger throttle body later on when I'm making the power for it, but would like to use the stock throttle body up until that time.

I also live in a colder climate (like you folks in Minnesota). I live on the IL/WI border, and would need the coolant passages through the stock throttle body to help warm it all up for cold starts and on cold days. I drive my car all year long, it's my daily driver. I don't store it in the winters like a lot of people on the forum.

The above two statements are why I asked about an adapter plate being available. In regards to the larger TB's you have available, do they have the provisions for all of the features of the stock throttle body (coolant passage, pcv, etc)? Or, for the PCV, would it plumb into another port on the back or underside of the intake manifold?

Another question I have regards the EGR. Would your manifold have provisions in the 6th runner for the EGR, and if so, it your manifold would obviously have to be able to withstand the temperatures of those exhaust gasses.

What I'm trying to get at, is is this manifold primarily for those on a strictly performance build, or can it be used with all of the stock features as a type of upgrade? (Sort of sketchy question, I apologize for this)

Thanks
-Chris

I will need to pull out the stock throttle body and the stock intake to look at how it is set up to run. Jack put it in a box or on a shelf and I just don't know the answer untill I take a look at it again.
Will have answer later today.
I do know that the first casting lot will not have the egr set up to work. It has the plumbing but I need to make a new hard line from the manifold flange to the back of the intake.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Toy-Rific;1350191 said:
I will need to pull out the stock throttle body and the stock intake to look at how it is set up to run. Jack put it in a box or on a shelf and I just don't know the answer untill I take a look at it again.
Will have answer later today.
I do know that the first casting lot will not have the egr set up to work. It has the plumbing but I need to make a new hard line from the manifold flange to the back of the intake.

The Q45 TB is your best bet, it has a provision for coolant cooling/heating, and will be the best way to go from the start

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
I did include a boss on the intake that looks like the stock one, where the mounting flange bolts to the head. It can be tapped to use for the coolant from the head, like stock. This will be able to feed coolant to the throttle body but you will have to make your own lines to and from the throttle body. This will be for you to use or not to use but is there.

Last edited: