ffim available in the near future?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Toy-Rific;1350312 said:
I did include a boss on the intake that looks like the stock one, where the mounting flange bolts to the head. It can be tapped to us for the coolant from the head, like stock. This will be able to feed coolant to the throttle body but you will have to make your own lines to and from the throttle body. This will be for you to use or not to use but is there.

Awesome, that sounds great! Thanks for the responses, I apologize if the PM seemed like a rude way to get your attention.

QWIKSTRIKE;1350300 said:
The Q45 TB is your best bet, it has a provision for coolant cooling/heating, and will be the best way to go from the start

Can the Q45 TB utilize the 7M TPS? The searches that I've done are telling me that I would need to splice the Q45 connector into the 7M harness, and I'd really like not to have to hack apart my wiring harness to use it...

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Yes it is getting close!
I will have Jack send out a news e-mail asking who would like to get one from the first casting lot. The foundry has said that they will run 10 to 12 per production release.
We are getting ready to start production.
Greg

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
Toy-Rific;1351551 said:
Yes it is getting close!
I will have Jack send out a news e-mail asking who would like to get one from the first casting lot. The foundry has said that they will run 10 to 12 per production release.
We are getting ready to start production.
Greg

Awesome!!! Holding on to the funds!!

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The first run of FFIM will not have the egr. We need our casting so we can modify it and put the modifications into the tooling.
To do the EGR we will be having to make some new piping out of steel. Basically we need to get it released first to get it rolling, but it will be available

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I have a few quick questions, and I don't feel like reading 300+ posts:icon_surp

1. Can you keep your AC?
2. Does the alternator need to be relocated, if so do you hae the appropriate bracket?
3. How long do you think until provisions for the EGR will be available? I only have the Maft Pro and still need the EGR.

Thanks.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
dumbo;1360418 said:
I have a few quick questions, and I don't feel like reading 300+ posts:icon_surp

1. Can you keep your AC?
2. Does the alternator need to be relocated, if so do you hae the appropriate bracket?
3. How long do you think until provisions for the EGR will be available? I only have the Maft Pro and still need the EGR.

Thanks.

Yes you can keep the AC, We already released the AC delete relocation bracket and the alternator drop bracket AC Keep will be released about the same time as the FFIM. We need the first one to check for fitment issues for the drop-down bracket.
We did actually put the location boss's in for the EGR, I just have to make a new short pipe to make the existing egr work. Once I get the first FFIM in I will take some pics to explain it better. Our Manifold is bigger so we just need to adjust the EGR tube length, not hard and won't take long. We will probably have it done by the time the first producion run is done

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
SupraSportJack;1360691 said:
Yes you can keep the AC, We already released the AC delete relocation bracket and the alternator drop bracket AC Keep will be released about the same time as the FFIM. We need the first one to check for fitment issues for the drop-down bracket.
We did actually put the location boss's in for the EGR, I just have to make a new short pipe to make the existing egr work. Once I get the first FFIM in I will take some pics to explain it better. Our Manifold is bigger so we just need to adjust the EGR tube length, not hard and won't take long. We will probably have it done by the time the first producion run is done

Those are the answers I was hoping for:)

I understand what your saying about the EGR pipe. I was just under the impression that it wouldn't be an option for the first set, glad to see it is.
Keep up the good work! I'll be waiting and watching.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
I will know the second we get the the first casting in a few days...price will be released via email...if you have not received my newsletter in the last few weeks...you better sign up!

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
gp02a;1361312 said:
where to sign up?

Just goto www.suprasport.com and on the lower left hand side of the website it will say newsletter. Just enter your email and your in....and do not worry we DO NOT release any email addresses to anyone! The only purpose is to send you a newsletter not sell your email addy

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
One thing i didnt think of before is that the bosses on the top and bottom of the runners are directly above and below each other. I guess there is no reason anyone would use both the top and bottom boss for nos or methanol. if so it is possible that the tapped bosses would interfere with each other inside the port. a nozzle on top may hit the nozzle on the bottom. could the bosses be placed in an offset? maybe the bottom ones set back a little further.

i just installed direct port meth injection in my lower intake manifold on the top side and you really cant see much. i think the top boss on this intake would allow room for the nozzles, elbows, and lines with out hitting the fuel rail. probably wont matter.

tacoma_kyle

Apr 12, 2009
Klamath Falls, OR
Did you do any flow analysis in the modeling program? While the runners may 'flow' the same, I highly doubt (due to constant diameter and flat end) that each cylinder will be receiving the same air pressure.

Comments, Jack? PS I go by threaded mode so I dont know if this was asked prior.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
tacoma_kyle;1361834 said:
Did you do any flow analysis in the modeling program? While the runners may 'flow' the same, I highly doubt (due to constant diameter and flat end) that each cylinder will be receiving the same air pressure.

Comments, Jack? PS I go by threaded mode so I don't know if this was asked prior.
When it is all under pressure, all the cylinders receive the same pressure.:naughty: