FCD: WIRING-How To... crispics w/manual...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Supraholics;1874404 said:
Now I know why HKS stopped sales in the US. Crisp stole all their inventory!!!

LOL! Nah... YOU managed to find a MINT piece! (Of course... Dan shared some of that inventory with ME from what remained in the market, it appears... :biglaugh:)

-crisp

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
hey crisp, just a quick question.... i have the same fcd that you posted the writeup on. i was under the impression that they were adjustable, but both of ours do not have any means to adjust them. is this "safe" to install? i understand the dangers of using these, but will i be ok if i have the car tuned on a dyno and monitor the a/f readings? i'm not looking to run crazy amounts of boost. i'd just like to not hit fuel cut at 10 or 12lbs,as long as the car isn't leaning out.
thanks.....

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Okay, so I've read many a "horror story" on the FCD myself... but personally never had a single issue in over 17 years with mine in numerous boost/turbo combinations, but here's the CONDITIONAL statement I will qualify a response with:

IF the FCD is used AS designed by HKS and in perfect compliance with their literature and integration of HKS components (electronic), I believe it to be a very reliable device BASED on MY personal experience.

Deviate from the above, and all bets are off.

(For the record, my FCD has ALWAYS been in use, WITH the PFC F-con and my boost controller has been the early EVC unit. I have run 15psi peaks on stock CT-20, 15psi on H3 Hybrid CT-20 for more power, up to 17psi on BOSS Sr. turbo and now 15~18psi on T04z without any issues.)

Good luck!

Note: I highly recommend careful review of ALL HKS installation literature and Manuals and diagrams as part of this process.:)

PS: A GOOD AFR (like NGK Powerdex) is a MUST in ANY modified setup, and I further recommend an EGT in conjunction with it for good feedback to prevent "meltdown syndrome"... ;)

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
super51fan;1909663 said:
Hi thanks for the info. I missed how do you switch the GCC to boost reference instead of rpm. If you help i would really appreciate it.

p1909761_1.jpg

p1909761_2.jpg

p1909761_3.jpg

p1909761_4.jpg

^^^ You need THIS UNIT to have the option for EITHER RPM -OR- BOOST trim points...

VVV ...on the other hand, THIS UNIT (Below) only has trim points for RPM adjust points.

p1909761_5.jpg

p1909761_6.jpg

p1909761_7.jpg

p1909761_8.jpg

p1909761_9.jpg

I think you can see the details in the diagrams and the instructions to help you out IF you have the GCC unit on top. IF you have the GCCII below, you cannot make that adjustment. (To my knowledge.)

On ANOTHER point, IF someone has the early EVC unit, and it came with the INTEGRAL WASTEGATE instructions (typical, as that is what the CT-26 is) they may or may not know that there is an EXTERNAL WASTEGATE "model" with instructions for use on larger turbo setups with external wastegates. A little known secret is that the EVC is IDENTICAL, and there is a set of DIP switches in it to convert it from one to the other mode! (NOT in any instruction manual!)

Just some "trivia" for those who may stumble across this and find that useful, since we are on an HKS topic anyway... :)

Hope that helps, super51fan!

-crisp

Last edited: