Fast Food Joints You Must Try Before You Die

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
As has been said a few times already...

1. In'n'Out (I'm still not a huge fan of those fries, but they were growing on me)

also... cos a bit of variety is always good... (bear in mind, this is from an outsiders point of view, most of these places we tried once, twice at most)

2. Carl's Jnr - Great burgers, and the fries are more 'normal' than those at In'n'Out... Also has free refills of flavoured iced tea... (which is awesome for those who don't like american coca cola)

3. Super Taco - just off the i80 in San Jose, near the Winchester area (I think), not quite as polished as most places, but if you're looking for a good taco / burrito, this is a good place to start

4. John's 1/4lb char burger, Livermore, Ca - little mom'n'pop style burger joint just off the main strip in Livermore, really awesome burgers and if you go down there on Friday night, usually a few cool hot rods and cruisers...

5. Wendys. The Baconator. 'nuff said.

Places not to stress about missing:
1. MacDonalds - If you've had it outside the US, you know what it's all about, the American version is not much different...

2. Burger King - Same thing, there's slight variations in the menu from country to country, and even changes in the name of the restaurant if you're in Australia and have eaten at Hungry Jacks, it's burger king...

3. KFC (this is anecdotal, based on the experience of my brother who moved to California a few years ago) - KFC in the US is apparently _exactly_ the same as that elsewhere, and really nothing special...

And, turning it around, if anyones visiting Western Australia any time soon, the following are worth checking out here...
1. Alfred's Kitchen - supposedly the 'best burgers in Perth', according to several sources - they are damn good, thats for sure...

2. Cap'n Munchies - Any USN guys who've had shore leave here, have probably had a Munchies burger. They're at the end of the footbridge from the docks to Fremantle city. 10 years ago, they were open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and had a _huge_ carpark at their front door... By far the most popular cruising site in Perth, a residential development across the road brought noise complaints and saw the carpark closed around 8pm every night... Munchies cut their hours back, and even closed all together for a while, they're now open again under new ownership, and are expanding their hours, but the parking issue still remains...

3. Charco's Chicken - Thornlie - just around the corner from my place, these guys do some of the best chicken I've ever tasted...

4. Hamburger Hill - Burswood - Along with Alfreds and Munchies, this is one of the oldest and most famous 'burger joints' in Perth and also a popular site for car cruises..

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
FIL;1478422 said:
3. Super Taco - just off the i80 in San Jose, near the Winchester area (I think), not quite as polished as most places, but if you're looking for a good taco / burrito, this is a good place to start

I've eaten here; and loved it!!

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Wing Stop Is EPIC WIN.

wingstop_02.jpg

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
^ haha x2000....what if they put wingstop and in n out together it would be really epic they would call it wing n stop out... :naughty:

skully

blah
Nov 24, 2006
So Cal
Im surprised no one has said chick-fil-a yet.

chick_fil_a_sandwich_jpg_400.jpg

You want a burger you go to In & Out. You want chicken you go to Chick-Fil-A. /thread

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
honestabe;1478390 said:
That's the place! God there pizza is awesome :D

Agreed i lived in gainesville for a couple years and we ate there all the time, wasnt that expensive either. None around here tho.

Oh and waffle frys FTMFW

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
Just realised I forgot one.... Jamba Juice!

Awesome smoothies, not only very tasty, but the good bit for me, they come in man sized cups... We have places here that make similar drinks, but the largest they do is about the same size as a small from Jamba Juice... And it costs twice as much... They also have a salad and sandwich fridge, but the emphasis is certainly on the juice...

Apr 6, 2009
Az
OMFG! There's a shiny, new In 'N Out 3 minutes from where I'm typing this @ I-10/Ajo. I'm on my way!

Last edited:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
no pics.

Blakes - Double meat, Double cheese Lotaburger w/green chili
Roberto's - Carne Asada burrito. Several trips there to keep Tony and his guys happy when they had my 89.

In and out and Fatburger will do.