EXTRA POUNDS ON THE CT26

Piggity

Registered Abuser of Cars
Jan 31, 2008
Calgary
jdub;915099 said:
Especially since the turbo recirculates the exhaust gas...just adds heat and makes the EGR unnecessary.

Dude

You have NFI what you're talking about.

hahaha

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
First 3" turbo back and free flow intake is a must ; now tock intercooler pipe is a big restrict caused back pressure and that's bad for turbo because if your boost gauge said 14psi but acually turbo seeing around 17psi . if you want to know why , try to blow through a straw and then bow though 1" dia hose , i'm sure you feel the different ! that's why intercooler hardpipe is a must . Stock intercooler is not that restrict , it just not cool down air as good as after maket one ; after all that stock turbo not efficent after 16psi that's because stock compressor wheel is too small (44trim) but compressor housing is too big that's why it run out of breath after 16 psi + created hot air= less power , if you want to know why then try to use mouth blow through 2" pipe then try 4" pipe put your hand in front of pipe to see which one more air to your hand . The reason you can run more boost on ct26 57trim is because 57trim perfect match with ct26 housing + bigger wheel can push more air with less rpm = cooler air while stock 44trim have to spool twice rpm as 57trim to get the same amount of air as 57trim . that's why you can run 18psi on ct26 57trim with pump gas on hot day ; but if you try to run bone stock ct26 with 18psi pump gas on a hot day , you have to watch out for your headgasket ( detonation ) . what i know is learned from this forum , hope you do it right way .:icon_bigg

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
man i can't waste to post here sober lol...its 633am..good god, no sleep since 822am (went to bed round 4)....im stupid but some of your making these 'suggestion's' are far more retarded lol

edit: lol, aderol is the only thing keeping me up

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
what about a good intercooler and hard pipe set up and spraying nos into the intake of the turbo past 14psi?

i made 324whp, and 317trq,@ 12.5/13psi ran out of fuel with the stock pump though...

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Some of you all need to read this or something like it b/f you post again!!!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Street_Turbocharging.jpg
    Street_Turbocharging.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 50

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
supraslo;913086 said:
Supposedly not good for the ct26 but she holds even when pushing hot air up in the 25-30psi range. I know it is all hot air at those boost levels but I wanted to see if the ct26 would take it. I saw 33psi on my boost gauge once. The stock setup loves 15-18psi.

What EMS are you using?

.........Or are you just running a Stock AFM with the "AFM Screw mod", to achieve all that boost.............?

:rofl:

:nono:

-Jeff

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
lol

i thought i was having turbo problems one night while i was data loggin and i decided to pull the waste gate hose to see if it would boost over 10 psi

sure enough it hit 20-22psi alog with fuel cut.

so it can do it, but unless your driving on a frozen winter nite with a large aftermarket front mount, i doubt the gains are worth what the trouble is tunning and tring to cool the air back down when you could get most basic other turbos that flow so much better.

im still curious about that after birth nos question i had.

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
You Know what the CT - 26 can do. 18 is all the Stock one will do stop trying to pick apart something that people already know

oh ya sure use NOS Blow your shit up but don't expect any "oh man i am sorry you blew up your 7m" posts from me and to the person that said they hit 30 psi on the STOCK CT What the fuck are you thinking.. are you just dumb ?! sure its fun to tap out a turbo But on a stock ct ? you should know better.......................

Last edited:
May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
see, i was thinking of doing the same thing, water or methanol cooling, as apposed to an ic. i have seen proof of an additional 30 degrees cooler...perhaps some will laugh at the source, but oh well, i guess if it works, it works, i am just wanna know also, if anyone has tried it.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
20psi on a ct26.... any surge and the compressor wheel will either crash on the housing and/or shear the shaft. common sense tells me this size turbo really belongs on a 4 cylinder(cough mr2 cough) and even then its too small, 20psi would be WAY OUT OF EFFICIENCY RANGE, my guess would be the shaft would probably be spinning in excess of 130K RPM(way too much but not for sure without that map) .... try 20psi at your own risk

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
After a certain RPM the wheel just doesn't catch air, do any of you people posting over 25psi know how a centrifugal impeller works?

Centrifugal impellers cant suck in air very well they use centrifugal force to PUSH air. Air in front of the blades is caught by the tip of the spinning impeller, witch is then (via centrifugal force) thrown or pushed to the outside of the compressor housing. the air being thrown/pushed to outside of the housing hits the air thats already contained in the housing, pushing it wherever it will go with least resistance (the outlet) into the intercooler piping. The air being pushed out of the housing creates the only amount of vacuum or area of low pressure in front of the impeller. Its a siphon effect of air moving out, drawing air in.

The comes a speed or RPM where the impeller is turning so fast that air just cant be caught by the impeller due to most likely either turbulence or just because air cant move fast enough to be effectively captured by the fins, sending efficiency to the toilet because having air to move is what they rely on to move air.

Ever notice if you put your hand over the hose of a vacuum cleaner the motor speeds up? its the same type of centrifugal impeller, though obviously designed to push a lot of air creating a lot of vacuum. when you put your hand over the hose, you are taking away the air supply to the impeller. without an air supply the impeller looses efficiency since it no longer has any air in front of the fins to be captured. Since there is no air being captured by the fins there is less resistance on the electric motor creating the increase in RPM.

On the other hand and i don't recommended trying this, a piston or positive displacement pump (engine) doesn't rely on this supply and will create as much vacuum as the motor driving it and seals sealing it can supply, and Diesels can actually break your hand or hyper extend your fingers if you put it over an intake pipe. piston pumps will slow down when restriction to intake is applied because there is more resistance to move.

The smallest intake restriction can totally destroy the efficiency of a turbo, thats why nice large low restriction intakes are always fitted to turbocharged cars rather then ones that are just big enough to work. same with exhaust because the same basic principals apply but thats more about pressure ratios, thats another subject.

And finally, Boost by itself has no relation to flow or horsepower, boost is resistance to flow nothing more. You can boost more and flow less because temperature influences the density of air greatly.

/Long post.