Exiliums grey mkIII build thread! (slow)

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Txsupra;1417488 said:
Thats a very nice looking/running car there. Did you get screwed on the FFIM? They just took your money and ran? Sounds like a warning to anyone else thinking of using them. What was the name of the company again? _______<--dont use these people.

Yepp, got screwed on the FFIM :(

Powertrip performance.... Stopped answering my emails/pm:s And since I´m all the way over here in Sweden I felt kinda powerless about it...:icon_evil

88-7MGTE;1456939 said:
Got couple vids of you car ? btw nice work

Thanks! But no not really, got some really old ones but not any good ones.

carter;1456944 said:
Jesus that motor is beautiful... What did you use to paint the exhaust manifold? And also what all did you use to polish the intake manifold?

I have to take my 7m out, but i think if i'd clean mine up that much, i might try and hang it on my wall lol

Beautiful f'in car man

For the exhaust manifold I used Heatresistant paint It´s actually holding up really nice!
I followed Zooloos polishing guide (search for zooloo)

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
If you haven't got your rad fixed yet I'd deff go for the Koyo. And upper rad hardpipe they look great together! (have them in mine and it stays COOL) also dual 12" flex-a-lites work great and strong.

What oil filter relocation kit did you use? Sorry if you already said but I probably skimmed over it.

Man your car looks great!!! I usually only like red and black but DAMN that silverish is sweeettt, the clear corners really accent it too!! Great work, can't wait to see more!

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
Nice build, Im running a Koyo with no hood vents or front bumper vents.
" Koyo is the way to go"

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Very nice supra and build you have going on here. The color is perfect and BBK = :love:

Sorry to hear about FFIM :cry:

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
yung2ner;1460283 said:
If you haven't got your rad fixed yet I'd deff go for the Koyo. And upper rad hardpipe they look great together! (have them in mine and it stays COOL) also dual 12" flex-a-lites work great and strong.

What oil filter relocation kit did you use? Sorry if you already said but I probably skimmed over it.

Man your car looks great!!! I usually only like red and black but DAMN that silverish is sweeettt, the clear corners really accent it too!! Great work, can't wait to see more!

It´s pretty basic oilfilter relocation, a block adaptor, steelbraided hose with pressed fittings to a thermostat (permacool if I remember correctly) and a filterholder Then copper pipes from thermostat to a Setrab 19-row oilcooler.
Works great and no leaks! (had a lot of problems wirh the old oilsetup leaking oil)

dubsupra209;1462835 said:
great build i love it its a very clean car... :love: did you paint the sup...? what color is it..?

No it´s stock color/stock factory paintjob It´s Bluish gray (Toyota 182)

Supra28;1463810 said:
Koyo Rad is the way to go.

Can't believe you got screwed over like that for the FFIM! I wouldn't rest til' I get that settled.

Yeah it sucks.. Believe me if there was anything I could do I would doo it.. it´s just that the distance is too great..:( I try not too think about it too much and just keep building the car. (and hopefully not make the same mistake twice...)

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Well, been looking around and yeah koyo seems to be the way too go. Will hopefully put an order in after the holidays :naughty:

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Supra28;1476746 said:
Where are you getting the koyo rad from? A link would be nice. :)

And do you plan on getting E-fans too?

Just Fleebay.com found a couple of stores there that has pretty much the same price + pretty cheap shipping to Sweden.

I was planning on going with E-fans. But now I´m not sure.. I se alot of diffrent opinions on what´s best for cooling.. Would however for pure estetics, like too get rid of the stock fan.

I´ll do my best to keep the pictures coming..;)

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Ended up going with the Cx-racing radiator fitment was pretty good, just needed to cut the stock brackets and modify the fan shroud a bit.

Also bought and installed a Aem uego wideband and re-installed my bosch bov.

Here is some pics

The radiator etc installed:

The Aem unit:

Some pics of my two cars:

/J

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Did you notice a big power difference with the ic piping like that vs stock? I'm wondering if it would be worth making it 180 like that at the tb vs keeping stock route piping.

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
dmiller;1586082 said:
Did you notice a big power difference with the ic piping like that vs stock? I'm wondering if it would be worth making it 180 like that at the tb vs keeping stock route piping.

Hard too say really, I built the pipes etc during the "off season" So when I drove for the first time like this I had´nt driven it for about 7 months.

But the car feel strong and pulles hard as of now, And I do feel (or imagine) the car having a better throttle response.

Stock routing has alot longer pipes, and goes over a hot turbo.

/J

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Wow! Been a while since I posted here!

I´ve bought the Maft-pro, had it for one summer and now I´m moving on.

Upgraded my fuelsystem with Aeromotive FP, An 6 return line, An 10 feed line and 1000cc injectors. Also bought a aeromotive a1000 fuelpump...

Last week I ordered a Precision 6266 and a Aem V2 Standalone..

Here is a picture of the a1000:

This weekend I´m putting my fueltank back in place. (Drilled for An 10 bulkhead fitting)

/