Exiliums grey mkIII build thread! (slow)

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
CaptMKIII;1065023 said:
Wheels and color are sick together. Nice work.

Thanks! I´m really happy with the result aswell :)

Today´s updates.

Finished the oil system with 12mm hardlines + braided hoses to the engine.

Really happy with the result! And more updates too come as I just began my 4 week long vacation :D

P.S not the size I´m going too use on the oilfilter, just a mockup one..;)

/J

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
This is one of my favorite builds! Great work on the oil filter.

I just looked at your domain page. A lot of beautiful pics there. There are 2 things I saw I didn't care for though. I don't criticize to be mean for sure. First, I don't think that's the best place for your fire extinguisher. I want you to be able to put the fire out as quick as possible. It looks good there, but it's too far from you.

And, I think you should cover those cam gears. If you drop tools like me, it won't take long to drop something in there and ruin that motor. If you want to show them off, get a clear one like DrJones had, or a black one with a small clear window.

I hate to even mention those, as that is one fine car!

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
ForcedTorque;1069673 said:
This is one of my favorite builds! Great work on the oil filter.

I just looked at your domain page. A lot of beautiful pics there. There are 2 things I saw I didn't care for though. I don't criticize to be mean for sure. First, I don't think that's the best place for your fire extinguisher. I want you to be able to put the fire out as quick as possible. It looks good there, but it's too far from you.

And, I think you should cover those cam gears. If you drop tools like me, it won't take long to drop something in there and ruin that motor. If you want to show them off, get a clear one like DrJones had, or a black one with a small clear window.

I hate to even mention those, as that is one fine car!

Thank you!

And as for the extinguiser, I just put it there more or less for show, and in the event of a fire in the enginebay, I would like to get as far away from the actuall fire as possible. However in the case of a fire in the trunk.. well then I´m screwed.. So might put another one right behind the drivers seat or even in front of the passager seat.

I only had the cam gears showing for about a month or two. You can see in this pic that I have a stock cover (only painted) on.

2275671_121_full.jpg

I appriciate the praise, critisism and ideas!!

/Jerry

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Thanks, appriciate it.

Today I finished my frame for the cd-player and also made a new one with verious switches and BC.

Take care /J

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Got some really nice stuff this week...

Ordered from 935motorsports and it only took 5 days to cross the atlantic ocean. That is fast!!

I know everybody keeps saying that you have to see these brakes IRL, and.. I could not agree more!!! Pictures don´t do them justice!!

/Jerry

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Man,, I´m really slow on the updates..

Car ran great this summer. Had some issues with fuelcut (who hasn´t??) But got it sorted out (leaky bov flange)

So here is some updated pictures:

Ic install almost ready:
22756710140_large.jpg

Engine bay (Never got my FFi from powertrip performance even tough I paid for it in full! 800$ gone...) So made another solution for the ic pipes. Works great!
757561_1k5x8w.jpg

757562_meo14g.jpg

757563_68ud5o.jpg

Also a bad cellphone picture of the hole car

708119_y58ya9.jpg

And Race!

20090724-195741.JPG

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Ok, found a crack in my radiator so I´m guessing it´s a sign to upgrade...:naughty: Thinking of buying either the Mishimoto or the Godspeed radiator. Any thoughts good or bad?

Cheers /Jerry

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Supra28;1416568 said:
You beat the vette?

no I didn´t.. raced mostly for timeslips so waited a bit of the line to get a good launch. Also had issues with fuelcut. But I´ll go back one´s thats fixed and some other goodies...:naughty:

/Jerry

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Thats a very nice looking/running car there. Did you get screwed on the FFIM? They just took your money and ran? Sounds like a warning to anyone else thinking of using them. What was the name of the company again? _______<--dont use these people.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Jesus that motor is beautiful... What did you use to paint the exhaust manifold? And also what all did you use to polish the intake manifold?

I have to take my 7m out, but i think if i'd clean mine up that much, i might try and hang it on my wall lol

Beautiful f'in car man