Engine losing power..

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
So first off I went to court, engine was running fine, 30 min drive.
Court was finished, drove back home, underway the engine just lost power, almost died, it kept running till I got home.
When I got home I noticed timing was off, put timing back.
Had to go to work and it it gotten even worse.
The next day I changed the sparkplugs, still the same, distributor checked out, new sparkplug wires, still shyt.

So now the following is as this, the engine when cold it runs fine, once it gets over 140F it starts running bad, won't idle it dies, loss of power as in it won't even drive, no engines codes showing up (weird).
Oil is good, coolant is good, timing is good, checked for any lose wire, vacume leak etc..

IDK what else to check, engine runs fine when cold, I can drive around like its normal, but when over 140F it dies.....

Any tips or what??

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
Ehh, tough one, Well look at the bright side. At least you can drive your car cold, mine.... i have a 4 inch tube stopping me from running strong. : / I cant even immagine what would be causing that though, Sorry i was of no help.

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
Jokervrs;1284669 said:
Ehh, tough one, Well look at the bright side. At least you can drive your car cold, mine.... i have a 4 inch tube stopping me from running strong. : / I cant even immagine what would be causing that though, Sorry i was of no help.

LoL well yeah but its like a 15 minute drive. Can't go far. Enough to get to work tho thats about it.

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
Check your mass air flow meter to spec. also check you tps for adjustment and also compare to spec. And did you jump your connector before you checked your timing?:icon_eek:

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
Spade;1287357 said:
Check your mass air flow meter to spec. also check you tps for adjustment and also compare to spec. And did you jump your connector before you checked your timing?:icon_eek:

The timing is allright. Did what was needed to be done to get it right.
The car is still the same, I added 1 electric fan to keep it cooler so I can drive longer before it dies.....

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Is it dieing just when the engine's warm or is it dieing when the engine bay is warm? I had a VAF (look it up ;) ) fail which would kill the Vf signal once the circuit got warmed up. Didn't manage to find it until I tested with a hairdryer to heat up the various parts.

You getting any error codes while the engine's fine or after it's too hot to run?

ciao