emanage blue question

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
i've searched all over and no one has confirmed about emanage blue eliminating fuel/boost cut. does the e-manage blue remove it because i purchase one at a greddy garage sale and i wanted to kno before i install it if i needed to buy and fcd/bcc in order to boost 18psi. thanx

fred

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
slidingsidewayz;982964 said:
i've searched all over and no one has confirmed about emanage blue eliminating fuel/boost cut. does the e-manage blue remove it because i purchase one at a greddy garage sale and i wanted to kno before i install it if i needed to buy and fcd/bcc in order to boost 18psi. thanx

fred

Nope, it doesn't eliminate it. Main reason I jumped from EMB to Stinger.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
it doesn't have a Boost cut eliminator per-say but you can raise the boost cut

i had EMB on my stock twin'd car and i ran 18psi all the time with no issues, you can raise the boost cut easily by just TUNING the car

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
rak, you are flat out wrong, it does eliminate boost cut.
I have it elminated on my 1jz when it was on there and now on my 2jz aristo.

Boot limiter setting. If you have a map sensor you set the max voltage till it hits boost cut if it's a 7m with karman vortex you set the max hz before boost cut. Which is around 1450-1600 hz. Problem is it's not exactly static.

Last edited:

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Zazzn;985872 said:
rakken, you are flat out wrong, it does eliminate boost cut.

You sir are very correct. The E-Manage Blue allows you to either eliminate boost cut all together or raise it to a set PSI by adjusting the voltage at which it cuts out. There is no need to buy a Greddy BCC if you have an E-Manage Blue.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Zazzn;985872 said:
rakken, you are flat out wrong, it does eliminate boost cut.

really? How can you accomplish that with EMB? You can tune it as to raise boost cut, but I didn't think that you could eliminate it.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
yes ^^. The only thing I havn't figured out that I thought was there was the speed cut defence.. But I think that's the ultimate that has that.

This 180KPH is driving me up the wall...
The additional injector setting can be used with the Boost cut limiter setting to add fuel if you start running lean.

Do not use the Air/Flow adjust unless you are rich and need to pull fuel.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
speed cut = cut the pink wire

no more speed cut :)

But yeah the ultimate has speed cut defense.

In fact it has lots of other nice features like speed sensitive fuel mapping, etc.

There are lots of "extras" but it is hard to say if it is worth the expense. The ultimate has not proven itself in the 1j world.

I've been playing with the ultimate all week in another platform, and the extra features are nice. I just haven't see it translated into the 1JZ world.

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
935motorsports;986852 said:

In fact it has lots of other nice features like speed sensitive fuel mapping, etc.

There are lots of "extras" but it is hard to say if it is worth the expense. The ultimate has not proven itself in the 1j world.

I've been playing with the ultimate all week in another platform, and the extra features are nice. I just haven't see it translated into the 1JZ world.

so in your opinion is the emb is much better than a safc2? because if been getting alot of smack talking about why i didn't just get a safc2 instead.

hockysa

935motorsports;986852 said:

Hey guys,

Sorry to revive this old thread but when you just just cut the pink wire and no more speed cut, is it really as simple as that?

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
Yes it will work for sure but you may get a CEL. I would find it annoying to have the CEL on all the time so I spent the $100 on the HSK SLD.

hockysa

cbutler;1514567 said:
check engine light

Ahh, seems so obvious now lolz.
Thanks.

Couple more questions if you don't mind.

Does the CEL only appear if you go past the limit?
and
Does the CEL disappear if you turn off your car?

I'm contemplating wiring a switch to that wire to open and close the connection.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
Since I got the SLD I never did cut the pink wire so I am not quite sure about your questions. I believe I remember reading that the CEL will come on once you go over 180kph, and will stay on until you reset the ECU but someone can correct me if i'm wrong.