electrical issues. no signals or hazards

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
can someone point out which one of these is my flasher

My car is now ripped apart trying to figure this out.

I put power to the body connector pin number 8 and the left side lit up no problem, then i did pin 5 and it blew my fuse. so now am i right to assume that its not my switch? i also assume my switch is no good now?

i took the cover that hides the rear lights off and then pulled the connector. i then hooked up a Continuity tester to the green and yellow wire which is pin 5 on the hazard switch and there is Continuity. Then i hooked up the tone generator to it and followed the wire with the probe and it doesnt seem that there is a break in the line anywhere. it beeps as i run the probe over the wires going to every signal light and both fuses.

only thing i can think of is the flasher maybe?

any other ideas?

Thanks

Travis

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I'm glad you deleted post #21 cause that was dumb.

Look at the wiring diagram. From pin 5 you just have wire and light bulbs. The flasher is not connected to that circuit, so that cannot be the problem but some where along the path is a short to ground. You need to find it.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=070

Start by removing the bulbs. Check the lamp holders for damage, jury rigged wires or connectors.

If that checks out and it is still shorted without the bulbs, then break the circuit into smaller pieces by disconnecting the loom connectors. The link above shows all the connectors, and their locations. Its going to take some effort probably to find it, but most likely there is a wire pinched or mechanically damaged somewhere.