Ebony: 91 black 1jzgte (proefi friendly)

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Albert;1701384 said:
specs? no its just a hunk right now. Plans are 300rwhp. those are jdm valve covers. outcome: Dust collector
Thanks asshole

kamikazemkiii;1701401 said:
Thanks for the info, I was looking into purchasing one and that was the info that I needed Looks like Ill just keep my money, What turbo manifold is that and what are the coils off of?

Its bearly any work if you have access to a vertical bandsaw and a tig welder.
2 cuts down the middle and weld it back together. Not bad for $200.
The manifold is HUGE way bigger then the 2jz one DM sells

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
stevenr816;1701911 said:
Its bearly any work if you have access to a vertical bandsaw and a tig welder.
2 cuts down the middle and weld it back together. Not bad for $200.
The manifold is HUGE way bigger then the 2jz one DM sells

Steven, I didnt realize you have access to a vertical saw and tig welder?!?! you havent paid the entrance fee.....

Update:
Got a boost solenoid
Got all new plugs from DM: crank, cams, knock, coolant etc
Got Viton Seals and injector clips
AN fitting for fuel rail
Ordered 272 cams.

Ill post up pics as the work starts

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
All new plugs:
p1702360_1.jpg

Custom made 1ZZ brackets
p1702360_2.jpg

p1702360_3.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

p1702360_4.jpg

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Albert;1702112 said:
Steven, I didnt realize you have access to a vertical saw and tig welder?!?! you havent paid the entrance fee.....

Update:
Got a boost solenoid
Got all new plugs from DM: crank, cams, knock, coolant etc
Got Viton Seals and injector clips
AN fitting for fuel rail
Ordered 272 cams.

Ill post up pics as the work starts

wow! progress looks good so far, whats the advantage of using the 1zz coils over the 2jz coils? is proefi a standalone? btw i need some new plugs like injectors, coils, knock sensor etc too, how much did the new plugs cost you from driftmotion?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Albert, mind PMing me the info on what you are doing with the ProEFI? I tried to look for a plug and pin diagram and I cannot find one. I know since you have the 128, you will be doing sequential injection, right? I want to get the ProEFI but I cannot find any diagrams for it and their forums is not as active.

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
86_sports_1jz;1702519 said:
wow! progress looks good so far, whats the advantage of using the 1zz coils over the 2jz coils? is proefi a standalone? btw i need some new plugs like injectors, coils, knock sensor etc too, how much did the new plugs cost you from driftmotion?

1ZZ coils have built in ignitors like the LS1 coils. Cleans up a lot of wires. People run them on the stinger or AEM on a batch fire. ProEfi will do sequential. so making 700 will be too easy. Yes ProEfi is a standalone. One of the best IMO. The user software is awesome and all the fail safes you can control are endless!

All new plugs from DM cost 65 shipped

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

IBoughtASupra;1702631 said:
Hey Albert, mind PMing me the info on what you are doing with the ProEFI? I tried to look for a plug and pin diagram and I cannot find one. I know since you have the 128, you will be doing sequential injection, right? I want to get the ProEFI but I cannot find any diagrams for it and their forums is not as active.

Yeah I have the plug and pin kit. Not sure what you really need? The plug and pin kit is pretty straight forward. Im running sequential fuel and ignition, with 1ZZ coils and 1200cc injectors. Gonna be running the Flex fuel for Ethanol control. 272 cams are on their way. Ill be buying back pressure and EGT sensors here soon. that with the I-boost switch. hooking up traction control to our cars is easy if you have/had ABS. Run a wire to the rear sensor on the R154 output shaft and 1 to a front wheel speed sensor. Only thing im waiting on to start my harness is the Special Crimp tool, that currently is on a month back order =[

Adam at ProEfi is a nice guy, sure he could send you a diagram..

My roomate had a 48 with plug and pin kit, the 48 is sooooo tiny compared the to 128. Ill take photos. But he is trading it for a 128 because after spending the extra money to go E85 with the 48, plus the 48 wont monitor knock, so you have to buy a device that converts the frequency to a 0-5v, then run it to a input and set the correct parameters. added it up, and bought the same to go 128.

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Just recieved 4'' muffler, 4'' tubing, 4'' to 3'' reducer, 4'' v-band kit. I-boost switch. Back pressure Kit. 272 cams will be here tomorrow =]
Ill post up pics when I get home. Gonna run by and pick up wiring. crimp tool should be shipped tomorrow

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Make sure to replace your muffler bearing. :)

What are you using for the wiring diagrams? The 2JZ one? Adam sent me a 2JZ one. I don't believe it is that different but I know the injectors are bath fired on the 1JZ and sequential on the coils. The 2JZ is all sequential, so there would be three extra wires to run to the 1JZ injectors if you wanted to do sequential injection.

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
IBoughtASupra;1704480 said:
Make sure to replace your muffler bearing. :)

What are you using for the wiring diagrams? The 2JZ one? Adam sent me a 2JZ one. I don't believe it is that different but I know the injectors are bath fired on the 1JZ and sequential on the coils. The 2JZ is all sequential, so there would be three extra wires to run to the 1JZ injectors if you wanted to do sequential injection.

Im not using a wiring diagram. Im using the pro128 pin outs and gonna run my wiring accordinly. Im creating a whole new harness, new wiring (18ga), sleeving, etc etc. Idk why you would need a 2jz wiring diagram? Pro128 has all its info on its pinouts; ie: Injector 1, injector 2, outputs, inputs. there are NO dedicated outputs, or inputs, everything is used and labled. IE: Ac relay/Spare output.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

kamikazemkiii;1704482 said:
Interested to see the muffler, were'd you order from? and what type?

Got it from Ebay :naughty:

Its a 4'' inlet. 4'' outlet. 6.5'' Dia. Its SS made by Vibrant. Its just your generic Fart can. =]

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Heres A shity photo:
p1704572_1.jpg

Last edited: