dyno worth it?

juggy61

Jan 18, 2006
Sheridan
ok guys i have a 87' N/A and it needs a little more go.......oh yea it has 42,000 miles on it:icon_bigg (yes im being concided). Anyways, i was thinking on getting it dyno tuned and port/polish the head. What kind of gains should i expect? Should i even mess with getting it dyno tuned? Thanks guys.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
you could dyno it stock, or assume you got 200hp. then get headers, full exhaust, electric fan, Intake. and w/e machine work your wanting to get done and see the results..

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
silly gas man silly gas and i am not talkingt about beer

if yuo want power cheep nos is for yuo but there the all wasy refilling it but what can yuo do you are na

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
p179991_1.jpg

^ FTW

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Save the money from the Dyno and swap to GTE. There is plenty of support and the for sale section can save you a bunch of money.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
do it once as a learning experience and also to see where you are power wise before starting. my base was 221rwhp. my rwhp now on low boost (15psi) has jumped to 320. also you can see what mods work and what ones dont. {shrug} its pretty cheap and gives ya something to wave around :)

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
jmcboost said:
Save the money from the Dyno and swap to GTE. There is plenty of support and the for sale section can save you a bunch of money.

You guys are assuming he as $1500 to plunker down on a gte motor. My suggestion is learn what it takes to make that NA make more power, and get NOS if you want much more power. Learn all that you can about it and by the time you have enough money for the GTE, you would have learned enough to modify your turbo engine and know what to expect from it. YOu can just move the NOS to the turbo, no loss there, but your gain in knowledge will be several steps above where you are now.

juggy61

Jan 18, 2006
Sheridan
I was wanting to do a dyno run anyways because i dont think my N/A is running like i should. Its a 87' with 42,000 original miles and this might sound dumb but its hard to get it to burn the tires at all. i have a k&N filter and a cat-back, and i also took that fat canister looking thing between the MAF and intake manifold off and replaced it with 3in pipe. Do yall think my N/A is in need of a rebuild? oh and its an automatic