Not open for further replies.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
drunk_medic;1268551 said:
93.07 Motor Vehicle Noise.
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to drive, operate, move, or permit to be driven, operated or moved, a motor vehicle or combination of vehicles at any time in such a manner that the sound level of the vehicle or combination of vehicles exceeds seventy-five (75) dB measured at a distance of twenty-five (25) feet from the nearest lane(s) being monitored and at a height of at least four feet above the immediate surrounding surface.
While I can see your point, this level is ridiculous. An average car puts out 80db at 25 feet. In ENGINE noise alone. So the laws in your state are designed, not to reduce noise pollution, but to give the police a blank slate to screw with motorists.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
I'm hitting 120-130db's with these subs. I have to wear ear plugs at the higher volume levels.

How could you stand 144db's?

This system is in my diesel truck with 2 batteries and a 135amp alternator, but it still makes the volt gauge fluctuate at idle like the intake grid heaters are cycling. No capacitor yet. I put it in neutral when stopped and keep the revs up. It pounds harder at 14.4V.

System is not in the supra.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
There is a post man around here thats comes to replace our regular guy once in a while, and he is deaf as fuck. He saw me working on my car and came up to see the stereo, and said that he used to complete in DB competitions, and now postman job really suits him since he can't hear anyways, and doesn't need to communicate much. Theres also something happed in Alabama recently by the guy who was pissed off at some people and wanted to make a statement. You are not alone OP, hope your disappointments don't materialize into more than "to annoy".

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Frank Rizzo;1269425 said:
Because I have no respect for the people that make or enforce the laws in this country.

Because I can not control what other people do, I can only control what I do.

See all that huffing and puffing you do in the political section bitching about this country and where it's headed? Yeah, well I actually go out and do something about it by diminishing the quality of life of everyone I can come into contact to. Just like all the motherfucks that fucked this country up and diminished my quality of life. I make them the victim, I'm done with being a victim. I am the administer of audible misery.

Everytime I wake up and have to go to work, deal with some fuck on the street, that pain that I feel I want the whole world to feel by making their life miserable by pounding my shit while they sit in their home they didn't pay for or didn't work hard enough to deserve.

I'm fed the fuck up, that's why.

You sound more like an attention hungry nuisance than a political voice.
Earplugs to turn it up higher? why not just listen a reasonable level. Why make others with their own radio's listen to what you want? How would you like it if whenever you were going below 20mph someone ran next to you with an airhorn in your window. The only sound I want to hear from people like this is crunching metal when they didn't hear the truck hitting them at 60.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
Awww don't be mad cuz you drive a ford.

I'll be on the look out for F250's when I make a run to mass on sundays for my degenerate alcoholic friends. I'll be sure to turn it up extra loud just in case.

I'm running advance auto titanium batteries, code on them says they are from 2005.

Can't wait til I get my hands on some 1 ohm subs, then the fun will begin.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I like turning mine to the max (don't know how many db's I'm running, but no earplugs needed). Peoples look says to me that I'm stupid, but whatever :). I enjoy.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
Any moron can buy a pair of subs and an amp, then throw in a rap CD and be "king of bass". (Hell, my 4 year old daughter could "design" a system like that). It takes a whole lot more thought, planning, and install skills to create a well rounded system.

When kids come into parking lots bumping their rap, personally, I'm very unimpressed; and I'm sure the only person that's impressed, is themselves. Every once in a blue moon, there'll be someone who pulls into the parking lot listening to rock (1st sign that they're not trying to impress others), and you can hear everything (vocals, guitar, ect) along with the bass drums and bass guitar. The greatest thing of those systems are that they bump just as hard as the kids listing to rap, who are trying to impress and show off.

I swear, building great sounding, well rounded car stereos is becoming a lost art.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
deabionni;1271180 said:
When kids come into parking lots bumping their rap, personally, I'm very unimpressed; and I'm sure the only person that's impressed, is themselves.

Isn't that the most important?:icon_razz

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Frank Rizzo;1269425 said:
Because I have no respect for the people that make or enforce the laws in this country.

Because I can not control what other people do, I can only control what I do.

See all that huffing and puffing you do in the political section bitching about this country and where it's headed? Yeah, well I actually go out and do something about it by diminishing the quality of life of everyone I can come into contact to. Just like all the motherfucks that fucked this country up and diminished my quality of life. I make them the victim, I'm done with being a victim. I am the administer of audible misery.Everytime I wake up and have to go to work, deal with some fuck on the street, that pain that I feel I want the whole world to feel by making their life miserable by pounding my shit while they sit in their home they didn't pay for or didn't work hard enough to deserve.

I'm fed the fuck up, that's why.

1st of all man.... Your "system" aint that great.... The $hit you smell proves it..... You didnt even wire the subwoofers right...... So please stop acting like you have the most amazing bang this world has ever seen......

2nd..... You seem to be hurt at the world, did you get made fun of in high school or something???

3rd..... You think its funny to piss people off.... Ha, wait till someone actually gets out his car blows all ur fing windows......

I been in car audio most of my life and I have had all kinds of systems.... I used to bang my shit with a smirk on red lights and laugh at the people who were annoyed.... Then, I grew up and realized how stupid it was... I will still put a system in my car that bangs hard.... But would never play it loud on a red light or anywere I know I would be bothering people... So just Grow the F-Up....

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
ValgeKotkas;1271184 said:
Isn't that the most important?:icon_razz

Maybe for some, like the brainless monkeys building their "king of bass" systems; but not for me. :icon_razz

I'd rather get compliments on my system wherever I go, rather then be looked at as a nuisance. Not to mention, bumping a stereo in a parking lot is about the dumbest thing anyone can do. All it does is advertise to others that you have gear worth stealing, just before you abandon your car for a little while.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
Blows all my windows? Over music? You're a sick fuck. Or just a dummy. Spend a few years in prison and then get back to me. That'll teach you how to act. Pulling a gun because of music......LOL fucking dummy

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
high.jpg

and rising...

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Frank Rizzo;1271307 said:
Blows all my windows? Over music?

Isn't that the message you're trying to send?

Frank Rizzo;1271156 said:
Awww don't be mad cuz you drive a ford.

I'll be on the look out for F250's when I make a run to mass on sundays for my degenerate alcoholic friends. I'll be sure to turn it up extra loud just in case.

I've been looking to put my Ranchhand bumper to use:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.