Driftmotion 1JZ 60-1 Single Turbo kit dyno results?

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Very informative. I've always planned on doing the 60-1 DM kit and wanted to get about 450 - 500 whp. I have a wedding to pay for, so I don't think I'll be ordering any time soon! FML!

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Oppie1;1626840 said:
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Very informative. I've always planned on doing the 60-1 DM kit and wanted to get about 450 - 500 whp. I have a wedding to pay for, so I don't think I'll be ordering any time soon! FML!

Same here, this thread makes me hopeful for when I buy the 60-1 w/ .70 A/R. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to see 450-500whp

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
mensrea;1668040 said:
Yes, stock engine, 3in exhaust, no cat, 550s, avcr, etc

Edit:
Got my exhaust leak finally fixed. Gonna see if spool time/rpm went down when get back home.

Wow, with all the mods and things I have on my 1JZ, I am going to expect full boost by 4000 and maybe 3500 if I get lucky. Crazy headwork, cams and some other stuff.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
anyone have any idea what the 60-1 .58 ar T4 SHOULD be spooling at on a stock 1jz, 440cc's, afpr, 3in full exhaust? i've seen a few people post when it spools but they either have the bigger wheel or leaks... (my problem right now is leaks, leak at the wastegate and manifold to turbo, should be fixed soo i hope.) i'm hitting full boost at 4200rpm...

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
IBoughtASupra;1802922 said:
That's way to late!

Have you check all couplers as well? Smoke test your system? What wastegate are you using?

Andy i've been saying the same thing for a while and figure it was normal lag. then I got rid of my HKS WG thinking it was the Culprit. the waste gate i'm using is a cheap ebay turbo, honestly i don't think the WG is bad. i had the real Tial WG vband flange welded on and put the tial knock off and they looked like they mated properly but thats not the case the whole wastegate is cover is black soot. not much leaking from where the turbo bolts on to the manifold but leak is still present... all couplers are fine, no tears and t-bolt clamps are holding on tight. i'm not using the DM kit but using this thread since specs should be the same.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The knock off wastegates have an issue of where the valve seats to the ring. They are not machined properly which causes the valve to be offset when mating against the ring. I had a knock off HKS and the valve was wobbling when you would shake it with your had, so you can only imagine how bad that is. When bolted down, it wouldn't seat properly and leak.

I returned that to DM and got another knock off and then sold it as that on the forums.

The genuine HKS obviously shows a difference in quality and the valve barely moves in any direction. Maybe that knock off wastegate was just an isolated case? I have seen diaphragms go bad as well and stick shut. :(

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
IBoughtASupra;1802933 said:
The knock off wastegates have an issue of where the valve seats to the ring. They are not machined properly which causes the valve to be offset when mating against the ring. I had a knock off HKS and the valve was wobbling when you would shake it with your had, so you can only imagine how bad that is. When bolted down, it wouldn't seat properly and leak.

I returned that to DM and got another knock off and then sold it as that on the forums.

The genuine HKS obviously shows a difference in quality and the valve barely moves in any direction. Maybe that knock off wastegate was just an isolated case? I have seen diaphragms go bad as well and stick shut. :(

the real HKS WG i had was working fine it's just couldn't find anymore flanges with the built in valve seat and the flange i had was badly rusted since it was origianlly from the south east coast... maybe a short while till i figure out what it's suppose to be spooling at. i have so many things i'm trying to do right now... trying to fix the exhaust leaks, get suspension and now for sure i'm getting Proefi 48 to go full stand alone.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
-____-

You know I make those flanges to sell? I make the adapter to go from the HKS flange to a Tial if the manifold is in your car and you cannot weld it. So I have all dimensions now of all wastegates, even the knock off HKS 50MM. You had the genuine four bolt HKS?

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
wish i would have known... yeah it was genuine

p1802990_1.jpg

p1802990_2.jpg

angelotofu

Sep 29, 2011
SoCal
dblstr;1626819 said:
Also interested in some figures between the 3 turbo kits at drifmotion.

What rpm will you be making full boost at with the 57 trim, 60-1 and 67m (to4z) with say the 0.7 AR on the 1JZ with standard supporting mods.

Also curious about the last post, 67m with the .58 hot side interested to see what rpm you will see boost and what power figures are to be expected with say 10-20psi.

i have the 57 trim. .58 a/r everything else is all stock 1j. starts to spool @ 2600 and wastegate screams @ 4000 rpms all the way to 7k rpm

dpkid101

Oct 7, 2011
Clemmons, NC
I am also looking into these turbos for my aristo 2j s14 but cant decide between the 57 trim or the 60-1 trim with the o-trim wheel. The car is primarily used for drifting so I want something that spools really quick but can also be capable of 450-500 rwhp down the road.