DIssapointing Night at the track.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Quin;1454770 said:
ET Streets? Seriously? He's making maybe 300RWHP, if that. No need to move up from street tires, just get decent ones and learn how to launch.

I was running 14.20's 2.1 sixty on street tires. Borrowed my friends MT ET Streets back then and cut it down to 1.8 sixty 13.80's e.t.'s. I know I was under 300rwhp then. They do help. You don't have to have a 10second car to benefit from ET Streets.

Also, why the hell would you INTENTIONALLY max out your injectors? The... frugality of this site amazes me sometimes.

Why spend money on something you DON'T NEED? If you don't need 550's then why buy them? That's like running a dominator 1050cfm on a SBC when it only needs a 670cfm. Yes, differnent motor same concept.

EDIT: Actually read the 7M power entry. Stock injectors, not even a piggy back, just an AFPR. Why on Earth would someone spend all that money on a rebuild and cheap out on the tune?

Maybe he ran out of money? The point of refering to Lunsford's build up was that he was making good power on 440's. Back then running an AFPR was a tuning method. You would monitor your A/F ratio on the dyno. Running too lean, bump up the fuel pressure. Crude, but it worked. Back then onboard wideband was rare and expensive.

You don't have to throw money at a car to make it fast.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Suprapowaz!(2);1454751 said:
He's talking about racing at the drag strip not highway racing. Have you ever took a trip down the 1320? It's alot of fun... and legal. You should try it. Warning - it can become addicting.

Im willing to bet he didnt trailor in his nearly stock supra.
he drove it there and probably used a freeway.
him buying super sticky tires will not compensate for lack of power and or driving experiance.
btw I started bracket racing when I was 12 years old and havent stopped since.I know a thing or two about the strip.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
IJ.;1454577 said:
Do you have any PCV system mods?

Yes Ian I have a properly routed PCV system according to one of the thread on SM here. It's routed to the throttle body and intake system from a Greddy catch can, that pulls from the valve covers.

Too all others..... Driver experience have alot to do with it... but I hope everyone read the thread right. Track was slippery ( EVERYONE else was running 2-1 seconds slower then they should), I was hitting fuel cut at 10lbs, then oil in the IC piping. It was just a bad day for everyone at Sac raceway.

I didn't cheap out on tune or injectors. I haven't pushed my supra duty cycle to the max yet too. Best place to break in a motor= 1320. Always safe to know the vehicle runs, then to throw aftermarket parts together and try to run a fresh motor on a untune for 25 miles (first initial start up and break in).

Dot radial slicks would be nice, but if you can prove that 1320 times on street tires then you can prove it on the streets.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Hmong_1G;1455298 said:

Needs a valve in the Line from the TB as discussed in the PM ;)

Sorry just looked at your diagram some more it's not quite right, this is how I did mine>>

Red from Cam covers to CC

Blue from CC to Turbo Inlet

Green from CC to intake

hope this helps.

alt00.jpg

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
IJ.;1455348 said:
Needs a valve in the Line from the TB as discussed in the PM ;)

Sorry just looked at your diagram some more it's not quite right, this is how I did mine>>

Red from Cam covers to CC

Blue from CC to Turbo Inlet

Green from CC to intake

hope this helps.

alt00.jpg

WOW Ian... Thats a nice setup. My setup seems to be working fine. If it wasn't raining, I'll make proper adjustments. My CC only has two fittings. Looks like the best route is to make another line from the CC to the TB instead of taping the main outlet to the intake.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
lilazni3uoy;1455327 said:
sac raceway is such a shitty track you need drag radials, and even then you will still spin off the line due to shitty track prep best so far down the 1320 with my pump gas tune i did 12.8

Yea that is true. I've heard alot about traction issues with the sac raceway. I will give it another try after a new turbo, maft pro, 550s, tune, diff support bushings, 1pc DS, and maintenance.

Thanks guys for your inputs.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
If it were me I would put some gear and some tire on it.

I guess I'm old school though.. I haven't seen to many bad turbos cause boost cut..

Jason

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Tun_x;1455610 said:
If it were me I would put some gear and some tire on it.

I guess I'm old school though.. I haven't seen to many bad turbos cause boost cut..

Jason

Yea... never thought a bad turbo can cause boost cut. theres a first for everything I guess. I'm debating now if the is300 coils is the cause? Well gotta do a lot more prepping and diagnostics.