DIssapointing Night at the track.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
So I hit the Sac Raceway tonight on my fresh rebuild and basic bolt ons-
Suprasport lipp, HKS DP, RSR catback, blitz intake, FMIC w/ 2.5 piping.

Best ran at temps of 47 degrees ( YES it was cold... everyone was running slower then they should be)

14.857 at 98 MPH.
60ft- 2.4

Horrible!

I started hitting fuel cut in 2nd and 3rd. Running 10lbs of boost only. After two runs popped the hood to check things out. I hear a gurgling sound from the intake. WTF... check my IC pipes and theres oil in there... slight burning only. Turbo took a shiet... well time for an upgrade CT26 and it was time for this beastly 175,xxx factory CT to sing for the last time.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Thanks guys.. due too Fuel cut and a slippery track, my times were bad. Ran a 15.1 at 102 with a 2.7 60ft time for my first run.... should be hit 13's with traction.

I'ma give another try soon with a new turbo, 550s, maft-pro, synthetic fluids, test pipe, and tune.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
cant wait for the 57 trim, hoping to have it under the tree next month.

quick question....with the 57-ct26, should i go to upgrading the fuel pump first to help with fuel cut, or how much is the stock pump good till? full 3" exhaust is the only mod on it right now, stock outlet even. will an safc2 stop fuel cut or is there another controller ill need? havnt researched much other than prices of parts

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
suprajztwenty;1454183 said:
cant wait for the 57 trim, hoping to have it under the tree next month.

quick question....with the 57-ct26, should i go to upgrading the fuel pump first to help with fuel cut, or how much is the stock pump good till? full 3" exhaust is the only mod on it right now, stock outlet even. will an safc2 stop fuel cut or is there another controller ill need? havnt researched much other than prices of parts

look at getting the Lexus AFM :icon_bigg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'd skip on the 550's and go for a set of these.
mtt-3754r_w.jpg

Judging by the short times you need them. Besides I think 440's are good for a 57trim upgrade. Spend the money on trying to get the power to the ground.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Suprapowaz!(2);1454192 said:
I'd skip on the 550's and go for a set of these.
mtt-3754r_w.jpg

Judging by the short times you need them. Besides I think 440's are good for a 57trim upgrade. Spend the money on trying to get the power to the ground.

LOL... true... digging out of the hole was bad... but the track was very slippery. Just about everyone out there was running 2-1 seconds slower because of the condition. The problem with 440s is they are easily maxed out when pushed. I'm settling with 550s for add security. An upgraded Fuel pump won't solve Fuel cut. I have a walbro 22lph with the rewire and still fuel cut because it is determine by the ECU.

My rebuild is sitting at a 8.8:1 compression according to my machinist. A bit high No.:aigo:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
suprahero;1454200 said:
^Those won't help him with fuel cut..............:biglaugh:

I know. I suggested not getting the bigger injectors in favor for the stickies. He can still use the MAFT PRO to tune out the fuel cut with the 440's. Can't he?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Hmong_1G;1454204 said:
The problem with 440s is they are easily maxed out when pushed. I'm settling with 550s for add security. An upgraded Fuel pump won't solve Fuel cut. I have a walbro 22lph with the rewire and still fuel cut because it is determine by the ECU.

My rebuild is sitting at a 8.8:1 compression according to my machinist. A bit high No.:aigo:

I would run the 440's until you do max them out. The great John Lunsford was making 435rwhp with a 60trim CT26 and was running 440's. http://7mpower.com/john_lunsford.shtml
I doubt you'll hit over 400rwhp with a 57trim... and yes that is a challenge. :icon_razz

Upgraded fuel pump will not solve fuel cut, but you did mention you're going to be running maft pro. That should solve you're fuel cut issue.

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to buy parts you don't need. You can better use that money in other areas to quicken your car. In your case you want to run better ET's at the drag strip. MT ET streets will help you do that. That's money better spent to me.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Suprapowaz!(2);1454363 said:
NO, they'll add 100hp buddy! :icon_roll I don't think you understand the benefit of running those tires.
Besides, stop :nutswinger on Jay.

It was a joke.. and yes I understand that power has to make it to the ground.
but at the same time, drag radials dont help on the freeway.;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Hmong_1G;1454157 said:
So I hit the Sac Raceway tonight on my fresh rebuild and basic bolt ons-
Suprasport lipp, HKS DP, RSR catback, blitz intake, FMIC w/ 2.5 piping.

Best ran at temps of 47 degrees ( YES it was cold... everyone was running slower then they should be)

14.857 at 98 MPH.
60ft- 2.4

Horrible!

I started hitting fuel cut in 2nd and 3rd. Running 10lbs of boost only. After two runs popped the hood to check things out. I hear a gurgling sound from the intake. WTF... check my IC pipes and theres oil in there... slight burning only. Turbo took a shiet... well time for an upgrade CT26 and it was time for this beastly 175,xxx factory CT to sing for the last time.
Do you have any PCV system mods?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
jessemkiiis;1454550 said:
It was a joke.. and yes I understand that power has to make it to the ground.
but at the same time, drag radials dont help on the freeway.;)

He's talking about racing at the drag strip not highway racing. Have you ever took a trip down the 1320? It's alot of fun... and legal. You should try it. Warning - it can become addicting.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Bad tires are not the excuse for that 60 foot. More seat time is needed before adding traction will do much good.

Fuel cut is another story.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
ET Streets? Seriously? He's making maybe 300RWHP, if that. No need to move up from street tires, just get decent ones and learn how to launch.

Also, why the hell would you INTENTIONALLY max out your injectors? The... frugality of this site amazes me sometimes.

EDIT: Actually read the 7M power entry. Stock injectors, not even a piggy back, just an AFPR. Why on Earth would someone spend all that money on a rebuild and cheap out on the tune?