Dead Space - Xbox360, PS3

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
My friend said that he can't play it for long periods because it starts getting to you...

He hinted that when the monsters get ahold of you it isn't pretty, but won't elaborate...

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Dead_Space_In_The_Dark_by_Esau13.jpg

Ohhhh so true :D

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
I picked this up today and am VERY impressed. First chapter left me with a ton of extra ammo and health packs. Am towards the end of chapter 3 trying to get the engine fired up and am in Resident Evil survival mode. Ammo and health are much more scarce.

So far the Zero-G thing is kinda annoying. It's really easy to lose direction, especially when fighting for you life. I freaked when out of nowhere that giant arm came down the hall and grabs you.

What upgrade paths did you guys do? Spread it out over everything? Focus on one or two guns? Only your RIG and modules?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I upgraded the plasma cutter to max. Its secondary fire may only be a change of axis, but once you upgrade DAAAAMN it starts doing some serious shizzle.

Zero-G is frantic, and a little annoying because i get motion sickness, but still, its a worthwhile part of the game.

And upgrade rig every chance you get. Trust me - you'll need it closer to level 6 ;)

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
upgrade the plasma cutter then the pulse rifle then your rig.
there are codes to get nodes and credits
T=triangle
S=square
2 nodes= T+Sx3+T
5 nodes= T+S+T+Sx2+T+Sx2+T+Sx2+T
1k credit=Sx3+T+S
2k credit=Sx3+Tx2
5k credit=Sx3+T+S+T
10k credit=S+Tx3+Sx2+T
add these codes when paused,when they are entered correctly,you will hear a sound.

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
I'm sucking bad at the asteroid part. Can't seem to stay alive long enough. There is a trophy if you can manage over 50% hull and now I understand just how hard that is :(

Any tips or tricks?

Apr 1, 2005
WA
use both barrolls. lol. most people dont realize you can shoot two cannons. but yeah, its really hard. took me quite a while. then i came back to get the trophy and it took me a couple of hours to do that.

just wait till the next time you have to use the ads cannon. i think its even harder.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
supraman7mgte;1185548 said:
upgrade the plasma cutter then the pulse rifle then your rig.
there are codes to get nodes and credits
T=triangle
S=square
2 nodes= T+Sx3+T
5 nodes= T+S+T+Sx2+T+Sx2+T+Sx2+T
1k credit=Sx3+T+S
2k credit=Sx3+Tx2
5k credit=Sx3+T+S+T
10k credit=S+Tx3+Sx2+T
add these codes when paused,when they are entered correctly,you will hear a sound.

those codes can only be used once per game tho. these next two codes can be used an unlimited amount of times and really help in spots.

Cheat: Refill O2
Press START during gameplay
Input SQUARE, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE to refill oxygen. This code may be used any number of times during play.

Cheat: Refill Stasis (and Special Ability) Energy
Press START during gameplay.
Input SQUARE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, SQUARE, TRIANGLE to refill the stasis (special ability) energy meter. This code has no limit on its number of uses during gameplay.