Dead Space - Xbox360, PS3

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I picked this up today, (well last night, got to play today)

WOW, this game is amazing! The graphics, the gameplay mechanics and the scare factor are top notch!

I spent about 1 1/2 hrs on it tonight and I was glued. Its been a good while since any game had me really wanting to get back and play again, this is one of them...

Sorry, I havent played too much so this is short and sweet, but so far into it... Id say if you have the means, go pick this up!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Watched a program on it on Scifi...

Seems to be a lot like Doom/Quake/Bioshock where the technology has allowed the fear factor to be driven by lighting and other visuals. I'm curious if the storyline is there though...

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Storyline hasnt had any faults yet, it doesnt seem too cheesey.

It is in regards alot like those games, the lighting does have a nice affect but its not JUST lighting. There are many elements. Also, surround sound helps with this one, my TV emulates it, so its CLOSE.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Go to youtube and view the deadspace animated comics - they give you plenty of backstory and are creepy as fuck!

I *WANT* this game. I don't usually fare well with horror games, save for Silent Hill 2 (mainly cause wielding the plank makes James look like he's playing air guitar), but this has me hooked. I want the PC version (avec hack to remove the DRM shit), i want the Downfall movie, i want the comic books, and i want the T-Shirt....

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
Poodles;1155634 said:
Try playing Doom3 with headphones on in the middle of the night...

O M G

I nearly shat myself

I did this ones .....never again. I could not go to sleep , i shit you not. I went to school looking dead....lol this was back in the day. If you set the tv to black and white you wont get scared as much ..........lol:naughty:

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Poodles;1155634 said:
Try playing Doom3 with headphones on in the middle of the night...

O M G

I nearly shat myself

Doom 3 is the shit. ID needs to get on it and make Doom 4. The only game that I think is as intense as DOOM 3 being played in the middle of the night, is maybe Resident Evil 4.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Doom 3 in the beginning of the game was scary, but the feeling wears off once you get some decent weapons where you can slaughter the bastards.

Quake 4 was pretty messed up as well when you become a Strogg...

Apr 1, 2005
WA
i just picked up dead space this morning as part of toysRus buy2 get1 deal.. i cant wait to get to playing. im almost done with resistance though so i will probably finish that first.

shit, 2 horror games in a row, and i usually play late at night. maybe i should play some kid stuff between so i can catch up on my sleep.:cry:

The Evil Twin_7MGE

*edit* -gte
Oct 26, 2006
NJ
Don't post much but I saw the thread and couldn't resist. I've been following this game for a while and it looks freaking incredible, like a mashup of my favorite horror films and the creatures from The Thing. Preordered for pc, picking it up soon. Anyway ea organized a little online contest for the game (noknownsurvivors.com) and I got seriously lucky and I'm winning the grand prize, one $150 limited edition package and a one-off lifesize isaac clarke helmet made by Chuck Beaver of the dev team! I'm gonna get pics of me in the mkiii wearing it when it arrives!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Just watched 'Downfall' this evening....think Event Horizon + Alien + 28 days later + The Thing....and add a little silent hill to the mix for extra scream.

I actually defacated in my underwear about 40 minutes in. I jumped so much i farted and followed through.

Anything that can give a reaction like that, is a must see :D

Apr 1, 2005
WA
Yellow 13;1157169 said:
Beat it.

Prepare to be disappointed.

I still gotta do a run on impossible with just the plasma cutter to finish up my achievements.

i just finished my first play through and i can honestly say, there is nothing disappointing with this game. the only exception would be the zero-g basketball mini-game. that mini-game was a little too easy to cheat at.

now i can let myself watch downfall, and then play for the rest of the trophies. oh, and the level 6 military suit is totally badass. kind of like a scary storm trooper.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2005
WA
ok, i just watched downfall. that movie was a total letdown. definately not poop-your-pants worthy. the game was 100 times more suspenseful and scary. also there seemed to be a couple scenes in the movie that didnt mesh with the game.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
Kai;1170493 said:
Nothing disappointing indeed, except the prerequisite of motion sickness meds on standby for the zero-g area's.

At the tail end of Chapter 7 myself, Level 4 suit FTW :)

i downloaded the level 5 obsidian suit when it was still free so i went from the level 1 suit, to the obsidian. there doesnt seem to be any way to downgrade your suit in the game either. i guess when i do my impossible run i will try to go through each suit progressively like your supposed to.:biglaugh:

Snaps

Nov 2, 2008
New Zealand
My brother got it the day it came out, I played it for about an hour, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat, almost every door you are about to go through, you walk back a bit just in case there's some freakishly ugly monster jumping down from the roof above the door!