Dashboard care

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
jetjock;1993021 said:
Fwiw when using the word "dashmat" I'm always talking about the real thing:

http://tinyurl.com/k3cej62

They're all I use. Also had one on the Delorean, a car infamous for dashboard cracking. Fortunately mine remained pristine.

Thanks for the link. I didn't even realize that DashMat was a brand, I always thought it was just a generic term.

It looks like you can get one for the MK3 for $40, that's not bad at all.

Did you secure your's to the actual dash with Velcro like their website says to, or did it stay in place without fastening it to anything?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It has become generic which is why I made the comment. On the Supra I did not velcro. Tucked into the space at the windshield's base instead. It would slip out at times but no big deal. Keep in mind these things need time to conform. That can take a few weeks and gets better with age. After that it didn't move unless I disturbed it.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
jetjock;1993114 said:
It has become generic which is why I made the comment. On the Supra I did not velcro. Tucked into the space at the windshield's base instead. It would slip out at times but no big deal. Keep in mind these things need time to conform. That can take a few weeks and gets better with age. After that it didn't move unless I disturbed it.

That's good to know. I'm definitely going to look into one. Would you happen to have any pictures of the one in your car? The only picture I've found is the one JDMA70 posted.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Very nice and thank you for the info. I too didn't know Dashmat was an actual company. Fit looks great and definitely looks good in my book too!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Communistwookie;1992660 said:
Have any pictures of the fitted dashmat? Where did you order it from?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I picked it up from a friend. I think he has another one, it's maroon- dunno if your interior is.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
photobucket.com/user/super1jz/media/DSC00530.jpg.html]
p1993505_1.jpg
[/URL]

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
Supra_dan;1993508 said:
Holy crap. Would have never thought a dashmat could look so good (the amazing fitment is what's so appealing to me)
Thanks.my dash is a rare color and pristine shape.i was just looking to protect it.the mat matches nice with the other black on the recaro interior

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Silver MK3;1993136 said:
...Would you happen to have any pictures of the one in your car? The only picture I've found is the one JDMA70 posted.

Sorry, I don't, but it looked much like that and the other photo posted. I think they look great while saving the dash and not gunking up the windshield like many protectants do. And as I said the longer they sit the better they fit.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
jetjock;1993533 said:
Sorry, I don't, but it looked much like that and the other photo posted. I think they look great while saving the dash and not gunking up the windshield like many protectants do. And as I said the longer they sit the better they fit.

That's fine. I kinda like the way they look as well. I also hate it when you put something on the dash and it out-gasses onto the windshield. That's why I normally don't and just wipe it down with a microfiber.