cylinder head porting theories... and such

Toy88T

Apr 27, 2005
USA
Sorry to dig up this thread, but I'm in need of some help and ideas in regards to porting the 7M heads for a turbo application.

Halsupramk3 or anyone else that can help supply pictures to shed more clues to the subject matter, please do. I'm in need of some pictures to showcase what to look for and what not to do. There was a similar thread on SF, but I'm having a very difficult time accessing the attached pictures for reference. If anyone can supply a copy of them for me or pm me with a location for them, much appreciation and gratitude from a supra owner. :drink1:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
flubyux2 said:
1J, sounds like you have quite a network of connections developed for yourself down in Oz... would you happen to know anyone w/ some Gp.A or TurboA cams for sale ;)
Flub: LOL sorry I missed your question!

A mate was friends with one of the race teams that ran a GrpA here and tried to get me a motor awhile back but they'd sold all of their spares with the cars :(

Another common thing that's been happening here is when we changed our grpA to a 2 make domestic series is a LOT of the more interesting race cars were sold to private owners in Japan for Top end street racers where 300 KPH/186mph is the starting point!

2 of our Godzilla GTR's went there!

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
ahh, so any gp.a cars you had, have long since been shipped back to private buyers back in Jp??? thats too bad. i wonder what they sold for back then.

OMG, GODZIRRA SKYRINE!!! lol, the 300kmh club eh? that sounds pretty elite. we have the $1000 club... you have to ante up before laying down a challenge. we race on the interstate/highway.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Not sure what they sold for but next time I see Ray I'll ask!
(damn I was there last week for the first time in 12 years)

What sort of speeds do the $1000 club see at the "track" ;)?

Last edited:

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
these are sub-10 second cars. the last one that i bothered to go watch took place on a vacant stretch of I-375, starting from under one over pass, down to the next overpass, about 1/4 mile long. it was a pro-street 68 chevy nova and a 2003 Viper from Miami. the guy wouldnt pop the hood. we were suspecting nitrous and blower, headers and exhaust, possbly head work. it was quite nasty and the Pro-street nova got owneded.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Flub: Cool ! :)

I'll have a better idea on the ports soon as I just bought a brand new casting to use in Motor #2!

I have a junker here I'll slice up in the bandsaw and check the wall thickness's before I start on the new head!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
ta Daaaa!

head1.jpg

head2.jpg

head3.jpg

head4.jpg

Last edited:

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Thanks so much for the sliced head pics. I was looking for a junk head before i ported my head to see what the wall thicknesses were. The walls are thicker than i assumed. Could we see a pic from the combustion chamber side please to give us a better point of reference on the head.