crazy idea...

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Welp, lately I've been on edge on what to do about my car. I been teetering between takin the bullet and fixing all the bs, or swapping the turbo and stuff onto the M3. I weighed my question on M3Forum.com and one guy actually suggested swapping the 1JZ into the M3. He said that the 2JZ wasn't really a hard swap so the 1JZ shouldn't be much different. At first I was a bit skeptical but, after thinking about it I don't personally think it's such a bad idea.

All around my M3 is pretty solid. No major repairs need done like on the Supra, which has a shot suspension all the way around, a horrid brake system, quite a few dents, shitty paint, and the interior is pretty rough. But, the M3 has excellent suspension, needs new rotors (big deal) and the interior is in great condition. Plus the fact I know I could probably get a pretty penny for the M3 motor and transmission (always someone wanting to put a 3.2 M motor in their car). When I look at the idea all around...I get style, class, superb handling, and raw ass power all in one package.

You guys think this is a pretty good route to try and go? Surely one of you guys wouldn't mind a shell, lol

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Do it and give me your old supra! M3KIII BMW sounds great. But BMW fans everywhere are going to have a heart attack. Better have some deep pockets after motor mounts and custom oil pan and drive shaft not to mention the wiring harness and mating the 1J to the BMW body harness.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
My brother is planning a 2jz into his 96 M3 next year. Here is some great info on it. I think this is the best way to go for the BMWs. They cost too much to modify the stock engine, $8k for a turbo kit, total rip off.
http://members.shaw.ca/turbofiero/index.htm
Last time someone checked, it was around 5k for everything you needed for the swap - the engine.

M3 (ultimate driving car) + 1j/2j (ultimate engine) = Ultimate kickass sports car that can haul 4 people in comfort.......... :bigthumb:

Even swapping in a 7mgte is cheaper and more reliable than modifying the M3 engine for more power.

Last edited:

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
large.jpg

850csi3.jpg

is that a supra Nope is a Bimmer ha ha. Hell i think that would be one kick ass front end convertion to a MK3

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
On the BMW forum that I'm on, there is a guy that put a 7MGTE in his E30. I personally would put the turbo stuff on the bimmer, but thats just me. If you do the swap, give me your M motor for my E30:evil2:

N

NDBoost

i fucking love the 8 series, its so sexy i wish i had one they came with v12's or v10's i think..

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Yea, one of the BMW guys showed me that website. But wtf is a 3JZ? And they want $11k for a conversion kit...they're stupid. Imma go talk to the guys at the local BMW race shop and see if they'll touch the thing and for how much. Hopefully so cuz it'd be great to have a complete package without losing the money I dumped into the Supra