crank shaft pulley removal problem

Jtek

Feb 5, 2009
vancouver, wa, usa, earth
I used 6pt harbor freight impact socket and a snap-on 1/2" cordless impact and it worked.....twice. Craftsman impacts are junk. Won't even take off a cv axle nut on a taurus...in my experience.

You can put the starter on and manually put power to it if the bolt wasn't so rounded off.

Be sure to get the socket as flat on the bolt as possible.

I wouldn't bother with breaker bars at this point. You'll prolly round it off for good, then you gotta cut it off.

For sure replace that bolt once its off!!

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i actually have a brand new bolt laying around because since everyone else had so much trouble i thought i would and had a spare just incase Lol, but it was easy as pie. i used a snap-on cordless impact but it would not budge at all.

jza240sx

Formerly jz240kouki
Jul 18, 2009
New Jersey
tlo86;1401009 said:
i actually have a brand new bolt laying around because since everyone else had so much trouble i thought i would and had a spare just incase Lol, but it was easy as pie. i used a snap-on cordless impact but it would not budge at all.

how much for that bolt :love:

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
I had the same problem, my impact gun did nothing for a few days but only ruined the bolt. A breaker bar with a 2 foot pipe and a extra friend will do the trick! Just make sure to keep it in 5th with bricks in front your rear tires.

jza240sx

Formerly jz240kouki
Jul 18, 2009
New Jersey
slidingsidewayz;1405019 said:
I had the same problem, my impact gun did nothing for a few days but only ruined the bolt. A breaker bar with a 2 foot pipe and a extra friend will do the trick! Just make sure to keep it in 5th with bricks in front your rear tires.

if my breaker bar with my 3 foot pipe wont work i will throw this fucking engine in the middle of the street and curve stomp it lol

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
You guys think this sucks, try taking the lug nuts off of a Isuzu box truck. Had an 8 ft. length of 1/8 inch thick 2 in galvanized fence post on a 3/4 in ratchet, and bent the shit out of it. went back and bought an 8 ft of 1/4 inch thick 2 in steel pipe. stuck that on there, and put all 275 of my weight on it and i wouldnt budge. So i flipped it over, and wrapped a towel around it, and squatted it. One was so bad i couldnt squat it. I had to lay on the ground and push the pipe up with my legs, and it was a fucking challenge, and I can leg press a shit ton. (most ive done was 3 sets of 20 reps w/ 16 plates. (16x45=720 lbs + whatever the thing you put the weights on weighed, which was probably close to 100 lbs.) I thoguht for sure i was gonna break the pipe or snap the head off the ratchet. but the crapsman and the pipe pulled thru. Lets say i put 800 lbs (400@8ft and 400@7ft) is 6000ft/lbs of tq. Took me a half hour just to break the nuts free on the front tires. I wouldnt even know how to go about doing the rears, as the lugs are recessed behind the wheel.

Jtek

Feb 5, 2009
vancouver, wa, usa, earth
lewis15498;1408612 said:
You guys think this sucks, try taking the lug nuts off of a Isuzu box truck. Had an 8 ft. length of 1/8 inch thick 2 in galvanized fence post on a 3/4 in ratchet, and bent the shit out of it. went back and bought an 8 ft of 1/4 inch thick 2 in steel pipe. stuck that on there, and put all 275 of my weight on it and i wouldnt budge. So i flipped it over, and wrapped a towel around it, and squatted it. One was so bad i couldnt squat it. I had to lay on the ground and push the pipe up with my legs, and it was a fucking challenge, and I can leg press a shit ton. (most ive done was 3 sets of 20 reps w/ 16 plates. (16x45=720 lbs + whatever the thing you put the weights on weighed, which was probably close to 100 lbs.) I thoguht for sure i was gonna break the pipe or snap the head off the ratchet. but the crapsman and the pipe pulled thru. Lets say i put 800 lbs (400@8ft and 400@7ft) is 6000ft/lbs of tq. Took me a half hour just to break the nuts free on the front tires. I wouldnt even know how to go about doing the rears, as the lugs are recessed behind the wheel.
Same as the starter trick. Put it all on the desired stuck lug nut with the breaker bar touching the ground, then roll the truck backwards and let the truck's weight do the work for you.

jza240sx;1408600 said:
if my breaker bar with my 3 foot pipe wont work i will throw this fucking engine in the middle of the street and curve stomp it lol

*curb stomp. Look that up. Its very violent and gets directly to the point.

jza240sx

Formerly jz240kouki
Jul 18, 2009
New Jersey
FINALLY GOT THIS SHIT OFF LMAO Thanks to the help of Johnnyredline and my neighbor. Basically the impact sockets i bought just made it worst. then we beat a 12 pt 21mm into the crank bolt and it came out with a breaker bar and a cheater bar:biglaugh:

heres pics

p1410839_1.jpg

p1410839_2.jpg

JohnnyRedline in here
p1410839_3.jpg