CPS and "non reusable parts"

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
If you are competent with a drill press, you should be able to disassemble without mangling the gear...so that kit would be perfect.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
nosechunks;1504370 said:
The only hard part i saw about not damaging the gear is bieng able to hold it in something while you hammer out the pin.

aluminum jaws in vise is the answer to that.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Eh, i wouldn't trust just aluminum jaws, i would still want a very healthy layer of cloth of some sort, Maybe even wood. On the teeth of a gear, i wouldn't want any metal directly contacting them with any type of force or pressure.

I just threw mine in a vice, but i had another gear to use after i beat the pin out of the old one.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Well since i had another gear i clamped on the teeth of the gear so that when i was beating on it i was holding, and beating on the same object.

I felt if i clamped the housing i would have a chance of bending the shaft leaving me SOL. It also held the rotational position of the shaft so the pin stayed vertical.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I drill the peened part of the pin with a +2mm drill to remove the head then
I find a nut/bolt whatever that's +1mm to the pin size tighten the vice with soft jaws on that then position the CPS so the non toothy part of the gear is resting on the jaws then use a correct size pin punch (-.5mm) and drive the pin out.