Cops are assholes, period!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
D34DC311 said:
He needs reading glasses... I don't recall the last time someone needed reading glasses to see a speed limit sign. The expired tags I agree with ya, but the rest is bullshit.

Regardless if they're reading glasses or not, if it says "corr lenses" on your license you had better be wearing them when you get pulled over. Or tell them you have contacts in.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Ive had my car searched before its no big deal. I was making a left turn at a green light, I didnt stay in the immediate left lane around the turn. Cop behind me and followed me a mile after that then pulled me over. Checked all my info and it was all there and legit no thing expired. He then noses around the car a minute and asks about guns drugs etc. I say no things in the car except groceries, he keeps asking if Im sure. Im like go ahead and search then...

The cop gets me outa the car pats me down and gets my GF outa the car. They cant search her or her purse without calling in a female officer. The 2nd cop starts chatting me up to distract me from the search. The cop finds no thing and sends me on my way.

You can always refuse a search but it ends up taking longer. They will bring out the dog and make you wait for that. If the dog indicates anything they still search. Or while waiting you seem to indicate anything they search the car. Or if everyone is really bored they bring out there sup. and he authorizes the search.

If you feel that violated you shoulda got his badge number and filed a complaint.

At first when I was searched(it happens alot) I felt like you did. The more I thought about it things arent so bad, they are doing there job. If my house was just robbed or my car stolen Id be complaining the cops should be out doing more.

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
That sucks... I work in a place that has state cops there all the time (on duty for the building) and I talk to each of them to get their take on things, most of the are bias towards cars...
I gave them the scenario, you have an 02 Maxima and a 91 Supra doing the exact same thing, whether speeding, driving close to someone ect ect... who are you more likely to pull over... Supra every time... even in regards to like tint... ect

I have stated stories of my actual doings, and things I have done around cops (15% tint in a 35% tint state ect ect) and they say they woudl pull the supra over and may even leave the maxima alone... even though stock to stock my maxima is a faster car then my supra...

it is how the wheel rolls with these kinda cars...

(And yes the Maxima is a faster car then even a turbo Supra)

1991 Toyota Supra Turbo 7.1 15.6

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6.0 14.7

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
D34DC311 said:
He needs reading glasses... I don't recall the last time someone needed reading glasses to see a speed limit sign. The expired tags I agree with ya, but the rest is bullshit.

If all he needed was reading glasses, he should have done the eye exam without glasses, and passed and not had "Corrective Lenses" on his driver's license.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
OneJoeZee said:
How did that go? I've been wearing glasses and contacts for about 12 years. Eye surgery gives me the willies.

I think I can handle eye surgery, but the vasectomy I've been thinking about freaks me out. :icon_conf

edit: Weird how these threads evolve, isn't it? :)

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
OneJoeZee said:
So let me get this straight... You weren't wearing your glasses like your DL says you should and you were driving around on expired tags because you're too lazy to register the car...you get cited for both and the cops are assholes?

Did I miss something? :dunno:

^^^Agreed. If cops trusted everyone who said they didnt have weapons or drugs in their possession, then how often would anybody be arrested for possession of illegal contraband. Who really says "Yes, officer theres a kilo of coke in my glove compartment with my stolen pistol next to it" ?

Just doing their job.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Woo! Pain is fun.
I just went to to E-doctor today. Getting some new lenses for free :) My antiglare seems to be anti-antiglare now.