Cooleeze?

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
With that kit, is there anyway you can offer an intercooler with better efficiency than the spearco? that's what I am running now. I guess The question would be though, what do the majority of ppl want.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
bluepearl;1190715 said:
My Cooleeze pipes:
Lowers fit nice
Uppers fit like crap
1987 thru the fender

Mine was the opposite. upper pipes fit great but the bottom fit like crap. The bottom pipe going into the IC was way too short :(

Woody1989

Apr 17, 2008
Texas
Poodles;1191275 said:
No offence to LIPP, ETS, or other people that make the piping the way they do, but I think it looks like crap. The HKS setup looks really good as well, and it's because it's not one piece from the fender to the throttle body...

My personal opinion, but I don't like it that way, just wish I could remember the member on the forum that had a custom set that was setup about the same way as the cooleeze but fit better and had proper hold-down brackets for the fender part and the 3000 pipe...

Not that I'm all that happy with the ETS system it's only fair to point out it is not one piece like the Lipp. It's upper plumbing much more similar to the HKS kit than the Lipp kit. In fact I still have the HKS "3000" pipe in place with the ETS kit.

The problem with ETS is as a company they leave a lot to be desired and they have one screwed up pipe that they refuse to redesign properly. The ETS core is a nice fit and fills the front grill. It absolutely dwarfs the HKS core...there is no comparison. I don't think anyone offers a core larger than ETS unless you have one custom built.

Agreed, that custom piping built by a skilled tig welder is the best solution. Eventually I'll remove and/or modify the ETS piping to make it right. It would have been cheaper if I had gone that direction from the start. <sigh>

Best,

Brad

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The LIPP kit works with the Spearco, stock and cartech intercoolers. Or any brand that has inlet and outlet on the same side.
I can cut the upper pipe so you will retain the 3000 pipe but it will be a bottle neck down to 2.25 (i think thats the size of the 3000). The problem is that you have a 2.5" system that only utilizes 2.25"...only as good as the smallest point.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I like the way how cooleeze has a certain kind of style and character. Lipp lacks that but it has functionality. Is there any place that makes these upper IC pipe cuz I hate the way LIPP looks and cooleeze is crap but looks good.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
SUPRASTEVE;1197804 said:
I like the way how cooleeze has a certain kind of style and character. Lipp lacks that but it has functionality. Is there any place that makes these upper IC pipe cuz I hate the way LIPP looks and cooleeze is crap but looks good.

if you want a shit ton of couplers in your piping system do this:

buy the lipp kit
cut in a bunch of random spots
buy a bunch of 2.5'' couplers and t-bolts
put it all together, and now you have the ghetto cooleze kit...

how is the LIPP NOT have "character" and style? the cooleze are welded at funny angles, look like shit, and as from members here, they perform like shit.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Rennat;1197926 said:
if you want a shit ton of couplers in your piping system do this:

buy the lipp kit
cut in a bunch of random spots
buy a bunch of 2.5'' couplers and t-bolts
put it all together, and now you have the ghetto cooleze kit...

how is the LIPP NOT have "character" and style? the cooleze are welded at funny angles, look like shit, and as from members here, they perform like shit.

Well everyone has there own opinion. I saw some one state this b4 but you know how the stock upper IC hoses curve and contour with the engine bay. Well why doesn't someone make madrel bent upper ic pipeing that copies the shape of the stock hoses but with the exception of being 2.75 in and having the flange for a BOV.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
SUPRASTEVE;1197941 said:
Well everyone has there own opinion. I saw some one state this b4 but you know how the stock upper IC hoses curve and contour with the engine bay. Well why doesn't someone make madrel bent upper ic pipeing that copies the shape of the stock hoses but with the exception of being 2.75 in and having the flange for a BOV.

because for 90% of us here dont need a 2.75 pipe, especially just on a stock or upgraded ct-26... plus most of the people here are on FFIM's who need the bigger piping, very few are left who run a 3'' pipe from the IC to the TB the stock route.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
SUPRASTEVE;1197941 said:

I better chime in here.
Our goal with the LIPP kit was the fewest number of couplers with full mandrell bent pipes. One of the reasons why we did not goto 2.75" is it is really tuff to route that. The 2.5" sometimes requires some grinding of the fender well. You have to remember that mandrel bending is different than crush/crimp bending. We can only do so many bends in a given area and make it usable for the masses.
I think alot of the "visual" difference that most see in pics is color. I can charge more and actually get the kits polished or have them painted and you will end up with a better product than all others but the price will be right up there with theres!
Our idea was simple when we designed the kits.
  • perform great
  • flow better than everything else on the market
  • be affordable
  • be reproducable
  • use excellent quality material
  • easy to install

I have probably forgot some of our ideas, but we have been selling them for a few years and so far the feedback has been very good. I have modified the kit to use the Spearco and spearco replica now. As far as I know I do not see any other manufacturers changing there products abilities for the MK3 anymore.
I have my 90 Supra in the shop right now fitting up some new products. Everyone has there own idea of style which is great, when we produce a new part it is from ideas from hundreds of MK3 guys requesting it and us trying to figure a way to do it and do it affordably to our customers.

btw...Cooleeze does not produce any parts anymore as far as I know. We sold his products for MANY years and he is a great guy but I believe he has gone a different direction with his life now.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
SupraSportJack;1197984 said:
I better chime in here.
Our goal with the LIPP kit was the fewest number of couplers with full mandrell bent pipes. One of the reasons why we did not goto 2.75" is it is really tuff to route that. The 2.5" sometimes requires some grinding of the fender well. You have to remember that mandrel bending is different than crush/crimp bending. We can only do so many bends in a given area and make it usable for the masses.
I think alot of the "visual" difference that most see in pics is color. I can charge more and actually get the kits polished or have them painted and you will end up with a better product than all others but the price will be right up there with theres!
Our idea was simple when we designed the kits.
  • perform great
  • flow better than everything else on the market
  • be affordable
  • be reproducable
  • use excellent quality material
  • easy to install

I have probably forgot some of our ideas, but we have been selling them for a few years and so far the feedback has been very good. I have modified the kit to use the Spearco and spearco replica now. As far as I know I do not see any other manufacturers changing there products abilities for the MK3 anymore.
I have my 90 Supra in the shop right now fitting up some new products. Everyone has there own idea of style which is great, when we produce a new part it is from ideas from hundreds of MK3 guys requesting it and us trying to figure a way to do it and do it affordably to our customers.

btw...Cooleeze does not produce any parts anymore as far as I know. We sold his products for MANY years and he is a great guy but I believe he has gone a different direction with his life now.

I understand that this product was made to be sold in mass production coupled with affordability and great performance. I have a suggestion on a new product. Have you guys ever thought of makeing a better throttle linkage for 7m-gte. Eliminateing the cruise control because It really doesn't make sense in having it on a stick supra. Here is a link on what I think should be on our cars.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigr=12augahog&sigi=125avhgah&sigb=12vkvdf22

this is the group A supra. The stock linkage on mine broke and I've been trying to find something like this to buy or find a way on how to make this but I can't find it. Any ideas? One problem I see is that this supra in the picture is right hand drive...

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Here is a poor, incomplete, 1.3MP phone picture of the GReddy pipes
1390873200_b49e75910e.jpg

It is one piece from the 3000 pipe to the fender, along with about 4 more pipes for the fender to intercooler and from turbo to intercooler.

It follows the stock lines for the most part. It was repainted black from dark/ugly blue.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
Does any one know what happened to that Lipp upper pipe that was on suprasport.com? Went from 3000 to the fender and looked similar to cooleze with mounting points on the replacement 3000 piping!

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Jaychen;1198167 said:
Does any one know what happened to that Lipp upper pipe that was on suprasport.com? Went from 3000 to the fender and looked similar to cooleze with mounting points on the replacement 3000 piping!

That was not made by LIPP, I think the one you are asking about is the Cooleeze upper intercooler kit. Many refered to it as the SupraSport kit but it was actually a Cooleeze product. HKS also made a 3000 replacement piece but that too has been discontinued for some time now

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
SupraSportJack;1191596 said:
The problem is that you have a 2.5" system that only utilizes 2.25"...only as good as the smallest point.

Completely untrue. A diameter reduction will introduce a flow restriction, but it is nowhere near equivalent to the restriction associated with a full section made out of the smaller piping.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
SUPRASTEVE;1197997 said:
I...Eliminateing the cruise control because It really doesn't make sense in having it on a stick supra...

Why doesn't having cruise control on a vehicle with a stick make sense? (You must not do a lot of highway driving).

No matter what transmission you have, the cruise control would work the same: hit the highway, get to the speed you want to hold, set the cruise, then relax and enjoy the trip. That works the same whether you have a stick shift or automatic.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I don't go on long trips often. Well the reason it's kind of strange to me is that what do you do when you have to down shift does the cruise control fix the accel or what. I've never used it before and I have an aftermarket steering wheel. The way I see it is that a sports car really doesn't need it especially if you use it around town or take it to the track often. Also the way the linkage is made is nasty it pulls on the swivel which then pulls the Intake manifold and then throttle action I'd rather have a straight shot from the intake manifold then have more moveing parts. It's all becuase mine broke and it's being held by zip ties which has been working for have the year and I haven't replaced it because I can't find the linkage.

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
I have to say, I have owned a few of the kits including:

- Cooleeze
- LIPP/Suprasport
- HKS

And was soon to own the ETS kit until I saw this post up here about it not fitting completely. That and the price hike back to $1000 for the kit.

The LIPP kit was probably the best one i've owned. As Jack said the material is excellent. It isn't going to rust and is actually very thick. If you plan on tapping anything into they are thick enough to get a good amount of threads in there. They're also bead rolled on the ends.

The HKS kit isn't really a good value, so I don't think id ever recommend it.

Cooleeze was alright, it gets the job done but id go with LIPP over it. LIPP has t-bolt clamps where Cooleeze has worm gear.

Tim

Woody1989

Apr 17, 2008
Texas
Selz202;1198814 said:
I have to say, I have owned a few of the kits including:

- Cooleeze
- LIPP/Suprasport
- HKS

And was soon to own the ETS kit until I saw this post up here about it not fitting completely. That and the price hike back to $1000 for the kit.

The LIPP kit was probably the best one i've owned. As Jack said the material is excellent. It isn't going to rust and is actually very thick. If you plan on tapping anything into they are thick enough to get a good amount of threads in there. They're also bead rolled on the ends.

The HKS kit isn't really a good value, so I don't think id ever recommend it.

Cooleeze was alright, it gets the job done but id go with LIPP over it. LIPP has t-bolt clamps where Cooleeze has worm gear.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Yah, the ETS kit has been a disappointment. More so that ETS as a company is a disappointment. It's unfortunate that they built a kit that is 90% ok and then screw up the last 10% so bad that it ruins the kit as a whole.

I can't and haven't been recommending ETS to anyone that has asked. I've forwarded my lengthy email discussion with ETS to those that have inquired to learn how poorly ETS handled the situation. Lot of talk, but no action from ETS to correct the problem with their kit. Numerous calls to ETS also ended with no resolution.

ETS simply refuses to correct their kit to properly clear the passenger headlight bezel. So you're left with a headlight that doesn't retract to the fully closed position or forced to remove the headlight bezel.

I hate to and now rarely take the car out at night because it reflects poorly on the driver (me) and the MKIII community as a whole. I understand it's a relatively small item, but one of those things that really stands out when missing.

Anyone that looks at the car is immediately drawn to the missing headlight bezel and thinks geesh...."what a beater". Or, "Who's the putz that has a nice old car, but can't keep all the parts on the car."

So, after sparing no expense with ETS ($1500 for polished SS pipes & 4" core) I'm looking at spending more money to have a custom pipe(s) made to fix what ETS should and could have done right in the first place.

I'm interested in knowing what anyone learns from ETS if they choose to inquire about the ETS MKIII kit. Maybe if enough people show interest, ETS will consider redesigning the pipe under the passenger headlight to fit properly and clear the bezel.

Best,

Brad