College Football kickoff

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well there was a thread recently about pro football but I just find the pros tooooo boring. There is no heart in the game anymore, no pride, no ...anything worth watching. (well ok, someone could get a leg broken on national TV but the network pussies wont show it!)

BUT College football is a different story! I dont care who you are, if you like football you have a favorite college team. Most likely its your alma mater or maybe the school in your home town or who knows why...but it doesnt matter, because you LOVE them! Maybe you even like entire conferences...so long as they playing outside their conference.

This is the big weekend for it all to kick off...so here is your chance to make some early predictions!:

Who is your team?
How are they gonna do?
Who will win their conference?
Who will win the national title this year?

I will start..

Who is your team? Oregon State Beavers (second pick UO Ducks...so long as they are not playing the Beavs!)
How are they gonna do? The beavs will surprise a few people this year with a 7/6 record making it to a bowl...they are gonna have a great O but still get beat by the deep ball.
Who will win their conference? Suprise, it wont be USC...Oregon and Cal will fight it out, Oregon in a close one.
Who will win the national title this year? Im going out on a really thin and long limb here...Auburn for the title *ducks from the buckeye fans*

So there ya have it...please lets keep this civil, and on track...let make this the official college football thread!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Please tell me you didn't pick Auburn for the National Title. Just when I think you and me can be buds. I'm a Roll Tide fan. University of Alabama baby!!!!!!!!

I think we'll go 10-3, O.K. I'm hoping it's something like that. We will go to a bowl also, and we will win. I'm not as big a football fan as my brother, but I do love Alabama football.

I'm really really depressed now cause Auburn may actually have a chance at a National Champiponship. I play golf with alot of Auburn alumni. One of them is betting a money line on Auburn this weekend. If Auburn wins, he wins $500.00, but if they lose, he loses $3000.00 I don't know if I can give up six to one on my money, but he saids it's a lock. Him and another Auburn alumni played that lock last year in their bowl game. If they had won, they would have won $5000.00, but since Auburn lost, they lost $22,500.00 each....................:3d_frown: ...........There's no such thing as a lock..........lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ouch!...I occasionally place "gentlemens bets" on football but you are right in the fact that there is no "locks"

Last year I won 10 bucks each on the USC-Notre Dame game (wow that one was a heart stopper!) and the Oregon-Cal game (another heart stopper)

I also won 100 World of Warcraft gold on the USC-ND game.

I picked auburn 'cause I want to be different...and I would like to see someone different win the big one this year.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Their probably not a bad pick, but I wouldn't mortgage the house or anything.........:biglaugh:

I think their is always a few good teams that come out of the SEC. Hope everyone has a good season and we have some nail biters instead of blowouts..............lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
1/2 hour to kickoff...this time of the day was alot funner when I was drinking...lol

time went by faster too!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
We must have a bunch of tennis watching pansies on here that doesn't know a football from a medicine ball..................;)

I thought there would have been more replies. OH, yeah and I love watching tennis.........................:icon_redf

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Who is your team?

Tennnessee

How are they gonna do?

Hopefully better than last year

Auburn

Auburn

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
rakkasan said:
Who is your team?

Tennnessee

How are they gonna do?

Hopefully better than last year

Auburn

Auburn

:withstupi LOL

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Suprahero grabs a knife and slowly starts carving on his rists and neck area..................lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
well my season is starting off pretty good...With only 9 minutes gone in the 1st the Beavs are up 21-0...LOL their worst field position on 3 possesions.....EW's 30 HAHA

edit: 35-0 now...I think EW has had 4 turnovers.

final score 56-17...GO BEAVS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The top 4, and everybody else.

1. Ohio State
2. Texas
3. USC
4. WV

Any one of those 4 can run the table up to the title game. The mountaineers are tough, but I don't see them staying with the other 3 talent wise. But you never know until you play.

ND has no part in it, except what the loving media dons on them. In fact Domers, your team is probably the most over rated in all of football. I watched almost all of Ohio State, Texas and USC last year. Ohio State and ND was like watching OSU go against Indiana or Northwestern. It is nothing personal, I just can't stand the arrogance of the institution. T-shirts that say "Catholics vs Convicts" when they played Miami, things like that.

Just a reminder...

Ginn%20reception.bmp

ginn_end_around.jpg

apcacunrr_FIESTA_BOWL_FO_1D6NI-lg.jpg

In the image below, yes that is Eddie George. And next to him is Mike Doss, and Mike Doss Jr.
Copy%20of%20Pittman.gif

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I agree ND is overrated. I am still proud to say that:

Notre Dame (10) 0 3 0 6 9
Oregon St (6) 3 9 29 0 41 FINAL

'01 fiesta bowl

and its hard for me to dislike any team that is known as OSU

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
theWeezL said:
BUT College football is a different story! I dont care who you are, if you like football you have a favorite college team. Most likely its your alma mater or maybe the school in your home town or who knows why...but it doesnt matter, because you LOVE them! Maybe you even like entire conferences...so long as they playing outside their conference.

I can't give you a +1 for the best sport, it must be spread around.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
And Ohio State may lose their second game of the season, which is at Texas.

Husker fan has nothing to say? They will probably be in the Big 12 title game this year. Callahan has recruited some good players the last few years.