Clueless Turbo Build Up!!

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mkiiSupraMan18;1298462 said:
Belt Diagram?

it just goes around the outside of them...

I think I figured it out...

Come to find out, this motor had a alt relocation kit...now I got to find two studs/bolts to fit the ac compressor and alt on....grrr....I got update pics...

Edit: I also got the injectors set, intake installed, and ps pump on....

p1298567_1.jpg

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
werewolves182;964341 said:
$4,300 just seems a little high to build a 7M; it might just be the machine shop though. Not putting your machine shop down in any way, I'm sure they do excellent work. Also $325 for a "TRD" oil pump is very steep. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is such thing as a TRD oil pump for the 7M.

I am paying to have my lower end rebuilt not including parts I bought 650.00

Stock motor of course because I like to make the power out of the good stuff.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mkiiSupraMan18;1298929 said:
Yeah... Im not gonna be down there though...

Just talked to dad, its sitting in the frame of the door at his garage... Have at it.

thanks matt, you're a lifesaver....

Anyways, I didn't get as much done as I hoped for but between going to westport for a part and twisting the alt bolt within a few hours, it ended well. I hope to have this in by this weekend and running the weekend after, should give me a week roughly to deal with any problems. I hope for more good weather, I seem to get more done with warmer weather....also one exhaust manifold stud is too big for the hole in the mani, whats the best and/or cheapest way to fix this problem?

Pictures!!

p1299396_1.jpg

p1299396_2.jpg

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
woohoo...got my paycheck and another check for some extra injectors sitting around, so thing's are looking promising. I got work all this week from early morning to about 4 or 5, I still need to replace the bolt that hold the alt on and then I'll be finished with connecting everything on the front of the motor.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Heh, swapping the tranny over was fairly painless and quick that I actually just took my time to make sure all the bolts were torqued to spec. I did run into a problem getting the transmission mated to the new motor, the problem was the torque converter not lining up right. Luckly my neighbor who so happens to work on transmissions, came over to set me straight with my problem. I got a few more thing to add/swap before motor goes in, in fact I'm seriously thinking about doing it tomorrow. It's hard to find anybody willing and able to help, so chances are I'll be a lone ranger...anyways, more pictures from today.

p1302582_1.jpg

p1302582_2.jpg

p1302582_3.jpg

p1302582_4.jpg

p1302582_5.jpg

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Mk3runner;1311776 said:
Did u do it yourself?

95% of the work, yes...quin jumped in and helped me with wiring and dad helped me drop the motor in.

IJ.;1311779 said:
Does the Hood close with the IC pipe that high?

It did somehow on suprafanatic's car, but I notice that the oil feed going into the turbo hits the upper pipe so I gotta get an 90* angle fitting to allow the pipe to sit further down. I still yet to figure out how the vacuum system is suppose to be set up, as well as other misc hoses and electrical connectors. I didn't disconnect all these guy's as I bought the car semi torn down, so I'm quite literally "clueless" here...