Chambers Build Thread - "Daily Eighty-Seven"

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Been working like crazy, found the floor under the rear strut cross member was rusted. So I've been working on cutting out the rust and fabbing up replacement metal. But, I managed to decide on a battery, and made a bolt in mounting system for it so I can service the battery when the bumper is still on! And this was possible because my replacement Eastwood welder arrived!!! My old one was starting to crap out. I also laid the last coats of primer down and put some seam filler in a few areas. the engine bay painting is done but the small teaser photos you can see will be it until it debuts at a major car show. The wiring harness is also 90% wrapped up in the engine bay too, and I managed to install it with minor issues of nicking paint.

In no particular order:

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Went through a lot in the past month, found a crack on my modified header so I put my factory manifolds back on with my old down pipes… bummer… But it all went back together smoothly, other than a royal battle with the front subframe and the engine, in a freshly painted engine bay… It was tense.

Everything started to come together, when my friend and I started with the NEW lower control arm cam bolts from Toyota, all four stripped when attempting to torque to 177ft lbs per the TSRM… I was lucky enough to have some old ones laying around… Along with the theme of stripping hehe, the steering rack connections to the pressure and return hoses stripped.... I was able to get the return to seal with a sweet washer from Sumeet and I tapped the pressure side for a 3/8 NPT, it seems to be holding so far.

The interior started to go back together too, the final wiring for the engine harness to body was completed and the seats went in. Also swapped in my 6.5" speaker housings, and made sure it was all PNP by using the pre-89 connector and wiring, just simply transplanted to the new housings.

I also did a final mockup of the supercharger head unit and made spacers, they turned out very well and only required a slight adjustment of the belt one tooth on the supercharger pulley.

Random factoid, if your swapping the booster out, you MUST use an 86 non turbo truck booster, it has the correct shaft length. I found this out the hard way and had to remove the valve cover to swap the new booster out with the old one. Also, a PCV hose from a 69 Camaro has a nice 90 elbow on it and it fits the booster and the check valve!!! Win for random google searching!

The thing sounds so mean, so much induction:

[video=youtube;MgXEUEQoTto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgXEUEQoTto[/video]

Pics in no particular order: