Cars you'd one day like to mod...

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
7Matt-GE;1665841 said:
You're pushing it with an EJ257. those blocks are crap in comparison to a EJ22T. the 257 isnt closed deck either just semi.

my buddy pushes 300whp out of his 22E. the EJ22 motors came with forged rods :)

just my 2 cents though im not a big fan of the STI.

i might change the sti to an evo 8. parts for those seem to be cheaper, and i cant beleive i forgot to throw the buick gran national in there, i want one of those like charlie sheen wants more drugs.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
wiseco7mgt;1687532 said:
My dream build at the moment is a Mercedes 190e evo 2. Was thinking of getting the weight right down and using a 3sgte with all the usual goodies. Looked in buying one and have costed many of the parts so it may happen sooner rather than later, i'll see what kind of condition i can find one in.

Definitely a cool car, gotta love when a manufacturer builds a car for a certain race class that gets phased out, huh?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
te72;1687840 said:
Definitely a cool car, gotta love when a manufacturer builds a car for a certain race class that gets phased out, huh?

Sounds familar, lol. The bolt on parts range for them is amazing.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Type 65 Coupe: http://www.factoryfive.com/coupehome.html

G8DS7889.jpg

but with a modern drivetrain, possibly the new 5.0L ford (414hp stock? yes please), and Volk or Work wheels.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
After the global economic collapse, compounded by a spate of major recalls and a general lack of new product, Toyota Motor Corporation has today announced a new Global Vision that puts the focus on developing the brand in emerging markets, while injecting more passion into its cars. Toyota also intends to continue to grow its strengths in building reliable and efficient cars, listing key focal points such as: quality, constant innovation, respect for the planet, and the idea that there is always a better way. "All 300,000 of us at Toyota worldwide will take part in laying a foundation for sustainable growth," said company President Akio Toyoda. "Working side by side, we will strive to earn smiles by exceeding customers' highest expectations. Together, we will write a new chapter of Toyota history." Specific to new products, Toyota is putting the priority on "product appeal," ranking it even ahead of building environmentally responsible cars in its new plan. Toyota aims to build "genuinely exciting models" and "greatly improve the design and feel" of its cars. More: Toyota's New Global Vision Puts Focus on Emerging
Markets, Exciting Cars on"

That's supposed to be close to production model.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mecevans, sounds like Akio's finally cracking a whip and steering the ship back to good times, IF they stand by their words above... I could give two shits about getting good mileage, emissions, or any of that boring stuff. Pretty sure I'm not the only one either. Not saying the entire lineup has to be that way, but it would be a sad future if we had nothing that's affordable yet somewhat modern to play with when we get older...

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Short list as of now.

1) 2003 RS6.

2) Make my own RS8. :) But use the W12 TT VW has in the Bentley. (With some more boost of course...) A 900hp AWD large sedan would be perfect to crush ego's all over town with, and yet comfortable for the long ride between jobs. (And crushing ego's... LOL)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
^ Thought we'd lost you... Buddy of mine had a similar plan for an SC400, twin turbo, stroked to ~5.2L, but in a sneaky way. Called it his AMG Killer until some dumb teenage girl rear ended him while texting. :nono:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Nope, not lost. :) Just been busy getting things going with my own business.

Have to love the turbo's in Wyoming, that's for sure. :)

There is a SC setup for my current DD, but I'm not going to spend the type of money PES wants for it. (And I think I'd rather do my own design with a turbo v/s Roots type SC anyway, but the SC's do have nice instant power, that's for sure.)

I was looking at a used S4 6M when I saw this A8L, and joked to the sales guy "I love that, but it's too much money..."

The rest is history. (Found a 2004 with only 13,700 miles on it.. It was just like new, and the dealer had put new OEM tires on it so they could sell it as CPO.)

This is with the snow tires... I have some 20's on it for the rest of the time with 255 Pilot Sport A/S tires. They make some pretty awesome BBK's for this car too.. LOL

p1691472_1.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
This friend was down in AZ, but yes, we love our turbos here in Wyoming. Air is too thin to really make much power without boost unfortunately.

Nice looking car you have there, I sure as hell wouldn't expect something that looks like that to have any sort of balls, although I know there are more than a handful of fast, big cars like that out there. Your plan kinda reminds me of the Mitsu Galant VR4. Plain Jane looking car, tears you a new one just for thinking about running it. :p

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
It's too bad they do not import the 4.2 TDI version of the A8L to the USA. It's a common rail turbo diesel that with a few easy mods is great on fuel, and serious about tourqe. (The Gas setup I have is not bad at only 330hp, but it's tourqe that moves you, and the 4.2 TDI is rated at 326hp, but 600lbs of tourqe.... And with a simple chip flash, those numbers go up in a serious way.)

Think modified diesel truck fast, only in a quiet, fuel sipping smooth V8 sedan that not only is fast, but off boost, at highway speeds, turns in 35mpg or better. (Open the exhaust up, and just like with the Supra's. you spool faster, have less restriction, and improve both power and economy, but the turbo's still act as a muffler of sorts, so it's not too loud at cruise, but has a nice growl when it's on the boost.)

Check it out.
http://www.audiworld.com/news/05/a8tdi/content.shtml

MTM retunes it to 710lbs of tourqe max, with 365hp on the stock mechanicals. (Open up the exhaust, and it goes even higher, faster, just like most turbo engines.) :)

Check out their video. :)
http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/A8...hp-Quattro?FZID=A8D3TDI240Q&KIT=m-1a8326365qx

Claims of 900lbs tourqe are not uncommon. This results in a 4.2sec 0-60 sedan and top speed of over 300kph.

Last edited: