Career thread!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Office work is stressfull and gay, i worked behind a desk for a newspaper making and designing ads for jerkoffs from macy's and shit for 9 months, swear to god after about 5 hours of photoshop and inDesign i wanted to punch the shit out of anyone who wanted a proof or a font change. Easy as fuck i just hate answering the phone and sounding "pleasant and proffessional" to some jerk off who is freaking out because he wanted a CAPITOL M not a lower case.

what i have learned thoug is that no matter which way the world economy shifts the jobs that will always be there for you will be in:
government
medicine
construction

and as companies get bigger and more advanced IT,
i was considered a godsend for learning indesign without having to take a 1 week class with all of my other 40+ year old coworkers.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
well i left school in 1997 with 1 c at gcse level (wood work lol) i got d grades in english maths and science.

since then i did a year as an apprentice vehicle tech for a citroen dealership and after that i have worked for the family building firm.

Im currently considerning going back to college as im sick of what i do but i dont know what i want to do lol its very confusing

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
well here is my run down

I am 26 now

Did not get my high school leaving, I was not very interested in school. Started living on my own at 17

of jobs worth mentioning

I have done jobs in Computer sales (desk jobs though). You can make good cash doing business to business sales.

then ventured out with a friend/business partner to start a consult buisness obviously in the same area and b2b.

I have done some odd things here and there, including the eBay thing.

I am now planning on going and getting my undergraduate (EET) Electrical Engineering Technology degree. (I have realized for what i want in life that school is the way to go for me)

These are all Desk Jobs though so i don't know really how much that will help you.

Some on the road sales stuff can be fun. Traveling around and meeting new people seeing new places. Plus generally they pay pretty good :)

What helped me figure out what i might enjoy doing is the Myers Brigg Personality test that Sportriderseattle mentioned and some other test (i can check what they are if you wish to know). It really helped clear things up and help me understand where my strengths are and what i might enjoy doing

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
right now i'm taking classes at boise state to be a welder. i already have 3 years experiance in highschool and this will be #4. i you like long hours, hard work, and decient pay. oh, and fire. you might like welding.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
guess what i do?

hs grad, hated school

made more money selling cars than driving, but hated long hours on the lot.

i haul dead dinosoaurs from wells to the refinery

god i miss the road...