Carbon fiber feeler

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Most things that I can think of are already made by either ShineAutoProject, Zankoku, or Retro-Spec... I wouldn't mind an intake box to isolate the filter, but I would think that would have to custom made. I like the dash and door panel (interior anyway) ideas, has anyone made a center console out of one? Not like you'd be dropping much weight, but could look cool.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
te72;1680912 said:
Most things that I can think of are already made by either ShineAutoProject, Zankoku, or Retro-Spec... I wouldn't mind an intake box to isolate the filter, but I would think that would have to custom made. I like the dash and door panel (interior anyway) ideas, has anyone made a center console out of one? Not like you'd be dropping much weight, but could look cool.

1 Company on Ebay does sell a center console. BUTTT I wouldnt trust fitment on it very much.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
te72;1680912 said:
I wouldn't mind an intake box to isolate the filter, but I would think that would have to custom made.

The various intakes available make it difficult to build one to suit all. There would have to be a specific intake or one of their own design with filter, which would be alright too!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
It has been brought up before, there is a reason the dash is the way it is, soft. If you have a barley driven show car, a carbon fiber dash is neat. But for a street car, it could end up hurting someone in a crash.

By the way, what’s the temperature limits on the resins used for this stuff, I know that you use aircraft grade stuff, but for engine bay components knowing the limits would be good.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
^Would be nice to have fiber splitters in your face! :)

CajunKenny;1680763 said:
Door Sills with either the word "Supra" or any specific engine code. I'm partial to "7MGTE" of course... ;)

Oh, and in the Mk3 Font.

Font cut out, some type of light emitting thingie installed underneath :)

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
I'd kill to have a lexan/cf or lexan/whatever targa top. They used to make them for the Del Sol back when I had mine and I've always wanted one.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Perhaps a new cover for the glove box, and the covers for the steering column. Maybe some sort of brake ducting made to fit the bulk of the aftermarket lips made out of FRP?

Also a CF FFIM that just bolts up to the stock lower runners would be sweet.

Last edited:

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
hvyman;1681083 said:
Seems like that would cause wiggles.

Probably, but do you think it would be any worse than the wiggles you get with the top actually off? I could live with wiggles if the look and price was right.

Canuckrz;1681084 said:
Also a CF FFIM that just bolts up to the stock lower runners would be sweet.

x2, but something tells me that would be a bit pricey.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Only problem I see with making brake ducts is that everybody's offsets would be a bit different. Would suck to order a nicely made part and have to cut into it to keep the front half of the inside part of the wheel from hitting it...

I also think a JZ (1 or 2, 1 in my case) spark plug valley cover would be cool. I believe Retro-Spec is working on it though.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Reiketsukan;1681071 said:
I'd kill to have a lexan/cf or lexan/whatever targa top. They used to make them for the Del Sol back when I had mine and I've always wanted one.
Exactly my thought.

hvyman;1681083 said:
Seems like that would cause wiggles.
I doubt it could be much worse than the targa itself - there's not much substance to them. Plus, I don't really care... If I had something that let me drive around with no roof, without having wind / cold to deal with , I'd be happy.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I would LOVE to see the lower timing covers for both the 7M & JZ motors made, but in two pieces so they can be removed without removing the harmonic balancers. This would allow the timing belt to be replaced with very little hassle instead of having to tear the whole front end off the motor

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

oh, and a taller lower timing cover for 1.5JZs.....