Cant think of anything clever....so its my 89 Supra build.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
#04;2043469 said:
Not gonna run hvac?...

It's really nice to defog the windshield in a jam...

In my 240 I deleted a/c by gutting that section and sealing the extra holes... rainy track days were always my favorite

No. Its gonna be a fair weather cruiser. I mean rain x on inside and outside of the windshield will help if caught in the rain......but generally speaking its an impractical toy. Once I get it to that point.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Quick update: Pics to come......scored a complete set of 89 tails with center piece for 70.00! Excellent shape :) And on another note got promoted to Service Manager at another dealership ;)!

Lord willing with the extra cash I will be making I will be able to get some goodies.

Actually.....I will post back on this thread with a current parts score pic. I know this isnt a popular thread.......but consistent I am.

EDIT:

Boom...updated with pics :) Hit them tails with a buffer and some wax....looks much better, and some of my meager parts pile. Replacement PCV line, Delrin motor mounts, starter I refurbished, and some SS Goodridge brake lines, and some OEM Toyota tail light gaskets.

0330151225_zps5jkzyf7d.jpg

and

0330151911_zps0m8owjuj.jpg

Last edited:

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Started to redo the dash harness. Some of the wires were damaged and some were just loose and not going to anything. I depinned the audio connections and pulled those.....cause who needs a radio in a gutted Supra with a GTE? Any how, I am going to wrap the harness up after I fix some things and get it ready to mount.

Some pictures.

To start with.....

0405151412_zpsjapjxbyt.jpg

After I pulled some of the tape off and removed a leg of it. You can see the remains of what the audio connections were in that little cut off piece near the top of the pic.

0405151426_zpsgbikwsx8.jpg

This......this is the greatest tool ever.....just an aside.

0406151905_zpsrw7s4fvi.jpg

Gosh....I just realized we need to do yard work and the house needs to be painted........ugh.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
I really prefer the older style tails. So if anyone wants to use 89 up tails and wants to swap.....Id love to! PM me.........

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
No real big updates......trying to wrap the harness atm. Got that promotion and havent had anytime to do anything to it except fifteen to twenty minutes a day. Yard work.....ugh. Hopefully with my schedule now....summer and long days and more money....hope to see some big moves.