Can you deck a timing cover with takin the block in?

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Ya I know it was quiet a lip... I'm just surprised it didn't blow/leak when it was running before! Lol and it had like 10k on it to... Lol

Oh well now it's perfect, the timing cover is barely, barely lower than the block...

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
toyotanos;1743344 said:
Like I said before, I would give him the exact measurements you found and let him decide what he would like to do. Maybe bring the block in so he can do little cuts and check after each? (you could borrow a friends' truck, perhaps?

For me its one of those things where I would be willing to wait for it to be done 100% right.

this is what I ended up doing, used a truck to get it to a machinest friend i got, bolted it up and measured it, then used a vertical mill with a digital readout to take off the difference :)

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

mk3-4-me;1746696 said:
I got the timing cover back. I told them .020" on one side and gradually go down to .012" on the other. Those were NY readings. And I just put it on, and it looks/feels great!

this also happened on mine, make it at little more difficult to do it but, but my bud was smarter then me on this subject so i just put all my trust in to him