buyer got my supra impounded..

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
why na? If your taking the time to do the swap you might as well use a turbo motor and leave it stock. A lot better imo

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
glad you got her back it would suck if the car went in to the wrong hands.
if left there it probably would have been sold to a junk yard and ultimately been crushed

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
okay, okay!! lol!! pics today when i get home.

i charged the battery yesterday and it still turns over and runs. but it sounds like a blacksmiths shop, every revolution is a loud clank!!

i have given it thought. screw 2J NA swap!! if i am gonna do it, it might as well be 2JZGTE because i will be almost the same to wire it in.
and will have no regrets about wishing i went turbo. like it was last time.

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
okay here are a few quick pics.

the motor was a JDM 7MGE, it has an R154 manual swap (was auto), with SOGI mod, Marlin Crawler bushings, and Transformers Autobots shift knob:icon_evil, Driftmotion clutch line!! Megan Racing strut bar, custom painted valve covers, aftermarket headers w/DP, AEM intake w/K&N filter, custom exhaust with dual turn-up tips, and new Hankook tires.

needs paint and a new interior IMO. oh, and a 2JZGTE transplant:evil2:

p1347289_1.jpg

p1347289_2.jpg

p1347289_3.jpg

p1347289_4.jpg

p1347289_5.jpg

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Mike......Congrats! The guy came in the dealership the other day and I noticed it was your car, and I was like..."WTF"?

Call me if you need any parts for the swap, I'll see what we can do. :)

BTW - I may know someone possibly willing to sell a 2JZGE w/ w58 and sc300 bellhousing to mate it all.

Anyway....you know you couldn't stay away!!!

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
bryanintexas;1348115 said:
Mike......Congrats! The guy came in the dealership the other day and I noticed it was your car, and I was like..."WTF"?

Call me if you need any parts for the swap, I'll see what we can do. :)

BTW - I may know someone possibly willing to sell a 2JZGE w/ w58 and sc300 bellhousing to mate it all.

Anyway....you know you couldn't stay away!!!

hey bryan! yea, definately love my toyotas, man!! of course you have to keep in touch with you local toyota parts dude.