Bunch of updated pics of the Drag MKIII....

Status
Not open for further replies.

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
It still would have been better if it had a Built 7M, When i owned the car i wanted to build it as close to the HKS dragster as i could. Well shit happens and i could not pick up the damn car from LA so it is what it is.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Guys, it is in fact a stroked 350.

Edit: Slow66...more pics please. I can't get enough of your car, it's everything I would love to do to my parts car if I had more time, money, and patience...and probably better tools.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
a destroked and bored 400(3.48in stroke from a 350) is a 377, not a 383, but yeah, whatever. i was thinking of destroking the 400 in my truck then going forged internals when i do it and slapping a turbo on that bad bay. though i got 2 cars already, better leave the truck alone for now. lol. anyway, badass setup, i cant wait to see it finished either. :-D

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
williamb82 said:
a destroked and bored 400(3.48in stroke from a 350) is a 377, not a 383, but yeah, whatever. i was thinking of destroking the 400 in my truck then going forged internals when i do it and slapping a turbo on that bad bay. though i got 2 cars already, better leave the truck alone for now. lol. anyway, badass setup, i cant wait to see it finished either. :-D

I thought a standard bore 400 with a 350 crank came to 377, and then adding a .030 bore job would bring it to 383, but then i double checked my calcs, and .030 over 400 = 377 with the 350 crank, its when its .060 over that its up to 383...thats what i get for not keeping up with my chevy knowledge while building the poopra :)

Anyways, can we stop the chevy talk???? lol

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i was up there this weekend and caught a glimpse of everything. that thing is fucking amazing and pictures do not do it justice. the only thing that is small that i have seen for that car is the fuel cell. other than that everything is HUGE.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
brb, gotta go find clean shorts :love: :love:

Slow66, that is one FINE setup. That turbo is orgasmic :naughty:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Wow....from the depths of the SM abyss....

Sorry guys but i sold the shell last week. No more updates from me. Maybe the new owner can get you guys up to date when he registers here. Its been fun though.

Nah, im just playin'....Ive been really busy working on a few other local supras, and a few other things in the attempt to get a little side business going for fabrication/modifications/etc. Havent had much time to work on my own stuff unfortunately. But most of the $ I make on the sidejobs is going into the supra, so updates will be coming fairly soon, just not nearly as often as id like. Most everythigng is pretty much done except the motor/paint, so we'll see how it goes....Trust me though i will not hold back updates from you guys though...I want it done wayyyy more than you guys do...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.