break-in successful, turbo dead

Disco Stu

Unaturally Aspirated
Apr 6, 2005
Forth Worth
Well, I finally got my car running after a LONG time. Just replace the rod bearing? Yeah right! I rebuilt the entire engine and put it back in the Supra along with a few small mods. I used 9.2:1 .020 over pistons, an HKS 1.2MHG, and ARP hardware on stock rods and a fresh head. I finally started it a couple days ago but had to deal w/ a boost leak. I fixed that and found that the AFM I just bought was dead, so I got a Lexus unit at a junkyard for 100 bucks and used it's electronics. I was finally able to boost again a couple yesterday but it seems the original turbo didn't like the breake-in proccess much and it took a dump. Before it went, I was able to boost to .6bar and the car felt very smooth. I get ~22inHg vac @ idle now after the rings set - I have yet to do a comp test or dyno. Here's a list of my mods:

>.020" over pistons w/ a static ratio of 9.2:1
>HKS 1.2mm MHG
>Fully balanced rotating assy, including UR crank pulley and RPS flywheel
>Spec Stg3 clutch
>10.5lbs Al one-piece driveshaft
>Hose Techniques vac hose kit
>Magnecore 8.5mm comp. plug wires
>APEXi Super Power Flow intake kit
>PHR egr blockoff plates and J-tube block off
>JBLMK3 CT26 S.S. oil lines and fuel pulsation dampener removal
>wastegate shimmed 4mm
>ARP rod bolts, head studs, and main studs
>misc. ceramic and moly disulfide coatings
>S.S. clutch line
>AAP Motorsports Delrin motor mounts
>gutted cat

>a Walbo 255 not yet installed

Anyone wanna venture a guestimate on what the baseline dyno will show? It'll be on a Dynojet 248c whenever I find another turbo.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
14psi = 305whp
20psi = 420whp
presumes you are using a ct-26 upgraded.

Do i get a prize if I guessed right?...... :biggrinbo

Disco Stu

Unaturally Aspirated
Apr 6, 2005
Forth Worth
Yes, but only if you PayPal me the money to buy and ship the prize - and you won't know what your getting (it will be Supra related and cool). lol