BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i had to take some stuff up to the shop today

oil dipstick o ring
oil filter bracket o ring
oil cooler washer
valve cover #3 the spark plug valley cover
along with the 2 dowel pins from my original cams to use them with the cams on the head i got from driftmotion
and the valve cover bolts i also got from driftmotion

2 pictures i took with my cellphone
p1491352_1.jpg

p1491352_2.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
haha thanks guys

i should have painted it white to go with the rest of my car

ceramic coated exhaust manifold, heat shields, turbo exhaust housing, clean turbo and the cooleeze ic piping you wont see much of the block (i'll give it a good spray of wd40 or something to darken it up :aigo: lol j/k)

the place i had a few things ceramic coated said they could have powder coated my block, they have done it before for other people, i don't know how ideal that is

peter551984

Aug 16, 2008
Puerto Rico
BrandonW;1356699 said:
got another egr since a mating surface cracked and broke off, got my new pistons and now im just waiting on the bearings to be delivered and my turbo to get back from dm

p1501086_1.jpg

p1501086_2.jpg

p1501086_3.jpg

p1501086_4.jpg

p1501086_5.jpg
p1501086_6.jpg

I'm making some thinking on the pistons that I'll like to buy but I already know that those pistons are cheaper, what pistons will you recommend me Probe or NRG... and also I'm willing to do 550hp to the wheel

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
peter551984;1501086 said:
I'm making some thinking on the pistons that I'll like to buy but I already know that those pistons are cheaper, what pistons will you recommend me Probe or NRG... and also I'm willing to do 550hp to the wheel

im not too sure on that since i haven't look into it that much being that im only doing a mild build, the pistons i used are oem replacements just .020 over (im only going for 300 to the wheels and later maybe like 350 to the wheels or so)

ive heard mixed feedback on the probe pistons and im not sure about the nrg, there is also je pistons, but i say check out the 7m-gte technical section or advanced search for that section or just put the pistons your looking at in search that should get you some more info on the pistons your looking at

Last edited:

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
im some what considering do a n/a ps reservoir i can get the ps reservoir itself and the lines but isn't there a vacuum hose that goes to the accordion hose? i can probably just replace that with some silicon hose right?

if anyone has any pictures of the n/a ps res on a turbo car, link please

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
not the best picture but the engine is pretty much ready to go back in except for the turbo and alternator

im getting a few brackets and those pcv hard lines up top powder coated to clean things up a little

p1508295_1.jpg

Last edited:

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
hopefully within the next week or so, i may find a few other things i want to clean up or have powder coated and if there is anything found that needs replacing like when i was taking a look at the thermostat housing i found that whatever that sensor is called that has the two vacuum ports they broke off sometime

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
yeah as long as everything keeps moving along smoothly with no problems

jon is getting that container of clips in this week so he was moving things around so i think he wanted to get my stuff out because i was like im gonna powder coat these thing and he was like well without those i can't get the car running so the longer those things take the longer i have your car here (he is using a aristo clip for his sc300)

i'll be up there at least once this week

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
had to replace this sensor thing because my original one broke, what is it called and what does it do?
p1510344_1.jpg

Justin727

T-virus infected
That sensor iirc deals with emissions. Bimetal switching valve (BSV) iirc. Car reaches a certain temp and of course it opens and closes. Goes to a port on top of the t/b runs from there to the valve and from the valve to the charcoal cannister..
Hopefully someone can help verify this. Its been over 5 years since I had anything emissions related on my car.

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
yea its (BVSV) one line goes to charcoal canister and the other to rite in front of the (DP Diaphragm) and yea its emission related...when you put it on use a good sealant...

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
looks like it came with some sort of sealant already on it (the green stuff on the threads) the old one still had some on it, its probably heat activated or something