BOV not venting completely?

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Put my new weaker spring in today, works like a dream now, vents even when in still spoiling and in vacuum and even at full boost

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
So this was the response I got from TiAL:
p1892482_1.png

Wasn't too happy with the response to be honest..

I'm going to email him back and see what they say.

I changed my vac. line btw to a fuel line ( nice and hard) and it is still doing what it did previously.

BoostMonger what psi spring did you put into your BOV (is it a TiAL?)

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe he is right..I have the same bov as one of my buddies and they sound the same at low boost but I only boosted to 9psi and he has a fully built DSM boosting 25psi and his sounds extremely different when you get up there in boost...kinda like if your vacuuming out your car and ur shirt gets stuck in the hose..or your queef reference lol. And he has ran KT like that for a year and a half with no problems, sounds kinda cool to me?

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe he is right..I have the same bov as one of my buddies and they sound the same at low boost but I only boosted to 9psi and he has a fully built DSM boosting 25psi and his sounds extremely different when you get up there in boost...kinda like if your vacuuming out your car and ur shirt gets stuck in the hose..or your queef reference lol. And he has ran KT like that for a year and a half with no problems, sounds kinda cool to me?

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Supra_dan;1892482 said:
BoostMonger what psi spring did you put into your BOV (is it a TiAL?)

I had the 11 psi spring and was causing problems, bought the 7 psi one and its amazing response, when I get my wastegate gasket I'll see if it holds the pressure.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
ok so...Since I have the TiAL Q, it was either the 6 or 8psi spring..the 7 psi was for the older model.

That being said, I was dumb and didn't check here first, just ordered it...

I got the 6psi spring, think that will be ok? :/

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Supra_dan;1892763 said:
ok so...Since I have the TiAL Q, it was either the 6 or 8psi spring..the 7 psi was for the older model.

That being said, I was dumb and didn't check here first, just ordered it...

I got the 6psi spring, think that will be ok? :/

At idle what does your boost gauge say for vacuum and where is your bov? My gauge says -8.8 psi of vacuum and my bov is behind the driver side foglight so the vacuum is less thru the long hose. The bov only gets -7.6 psi at idle.

I'm just hoping the little 7 psi spring will hold the big boost I plan on running.