Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
nice soarer. just get badges, a better exhaust, a roof lip spoiler, and there ya go! ;D

everything looks good though!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Intercooler piping came in today!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I was glad they sent black couplers like I requested!

But I wasn't happy ya know... So I began powder coating the top two pipes that are seen in the engine bay :p
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Did I hear Supra Festival in HOUSTON?!?!?!?! freaking awesome!!! I'm otm to Austin right now, but I got fam in houston... got any specifics for said festival????

and I'm lovin' this thread btw, great work!!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
FullNelson;1667100 said:
The pipes look killer. Great job with the PCing! Are you just Dynoing for to get the ECU running?

Planning on taking the car to powerfab automotive here in Houston. I've heard great things from ppl that have used them and I also loved what I heard from them regarding my setup/mods/electronics and tuning it all for me. They want $450 for 4 hrs of tuning on their dyno. Includes wideband monitoring, tuning calibration, and power/tq certification on their dynojet 224x dyno! All other places in Houston wanted $500+ for 1hr of tuning and $100 each hr afterwards!

Got some better pics last night while I was working on the piping. I need another 2.5" silicone elbow a straight silicone coupler and some more tbolt clamps to make it work without a bottleneck. The pipe kit is made to work with a stock intercooler system so it uses reducers to enter the stock intercooler. I wanna eliminate the bottlenecks and make it a true 2.5" system!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hoping this is the last time I see the turbo open for a very long time! :)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

My junk pile now!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

And my helpful light!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Ugh not a good night at all. I am short one t-bolt clamp for my intercooler system. I didnt order enough apparently/ or I misplaced one of the clamps. And I cut two custom pipes to make the intercooler piping work and I struggled for over an hour to make it fit.... I had the two pipes switched and they are close in size to each other but one is shorter. Needless to say not a good night working on my car :(

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I feel ya bro... I just fixed a whole buncha crap, and discovered even more stuff going wrong... It's ok man we all pull through somehow :D, but your work is amazing fyi, keep it up!!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Okay so my intercooler piping is done! Was more of a pain in the ass to get to fit than I had thought. Had to trim two of the silicone elbows cause they are to long and broke a t-bolt clamp by over tightening it! But here is the final product :)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

^^^ Intake air temp sensor for my map ecu!

On a whole new note, I was going to get my car tuned at a local shop in a couple of weeks but I decided that I should upgrade to a action stage 3 pressure plate in my transmission first. So tuning will be set back a week or two. Going to be down to the wire for tx2k11! But I decided might as well do it right. I can see my clutch beginning to slip once I had the car tuned for more power. Might as well get something to hold the power!
Does anyone have this pressure plate from driftmotion? Will I be good on a stock disk aiming for right at 400rwhp like it says?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I must say, VERY WELL DONE. I read throught the whole thread, beggining to end. And Im very impressed. I am about to attempt a similar resto of my car. GL with the next thing you decide to change or fix. =]