Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
sous;1625764 said:
with the map ecu its awesome with the 550 if you go bigger, your on your own

hes correct, you only have a base fuel map from the MAP ecu guys for 550cc; but if you go anything higher than 550cc injectors. Im pretty sure youd want to have it tuned by someone professionally ANYWAYS, regardless of electronics [be it piggyback or standalone] used.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
So if I had mapecu then I would download the baseline map for the 550cc injectors for the 7mgte?

What would that do exactly? Optimize the fuel and air system in the ecu? I'm aiming for 400rwhp would the 550cc map give me this or do I need a tune still?

If y'all could explain a little more it would be great! Thanks...

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
What?! stock springs and bilsteins??! I have that setup and it definitely does not look that low. Or maybe its cause you have 18s and a clean car? And to comment on your BOV, I have a fairly (for this forum read; extremely) quiet exhaust and a turbo XS RFL bov, No compressor surge and it sounds ohh so sleeperish

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
FullNelson - Is the RFL the really freakin loud one? Is that what the RFL stands for?

Dan - I just purchased a map ecu from a fellow SM member. I don't plan on going any larger injector wise. I do however want to reach atleast 400rwhp or more if my turbo can handle it...
Should I have a problem?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
From what I know 400rwhp should be attainable as long as the rest of the fuel system ie pump reg etc is up to scratch

someone correct me if I am wrong

I needed 720s to make 400rwhp (came awful close on 550s) but it was only after the fact that I discovered I only had the stock fuel pump in there ........

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Thats it is, Really Fmurfing Loud... I like it and from inside it seems just loud enough (stock boost with the ct). I havent heard it from outside though..Its funny cause no one around here knows what the car is and i'll leave a light all ninja like and then out of no where I bov all over the place, leaving domestics all dumb founded

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
What intercooler setup should I go with? Supra is down until further notice! Front bumper is off.

Going to be replacing PS pump, fix oil leak. Upgrade intercooler and possibly intercooler piping.... Powder coating of things also...

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Ok so I found a spearco replica intercooler for sale cheap! Like the one DM sells...
I'm looking into the CXracing 2.5inch 7mgte hardpipe kit... I like that it fits the same location as stock!

Do I need hardpipes?

Supra is currently down until further notice! Front bumper is off, PS pump is off the car being replaced with a new one. Going to add intercooler, piping, oil cooler and lines, new ps pump and powder coat some things before it all go back together. I'm thinking it might be a month or more....

*OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS*
My dad is picking up his very own project car! I'll be doing all the work like I normally do. It's a 92 Lexus SC300 with a 1jz-gte swap (auto)

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
a6cd0ca0-d6f4-a337.jpg