Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
I found out that the car is in good condition at this point. I dunno why the scare the other day was all hyped up. Now the mechanic says it just needs to be driven on the hwy for a long time. The piston is moving and compression is way up! We went for a first drive and it drove good. It's getting a new idol surge valve cause the rpm surges at idol from 1k to 2k.... and a new evaporator cause it was leaking the a/c coolant. They inspection. We have all new tail lights and everything is going good...

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Car is still at the shop this week! It's looking better and better everytime I go and see it. Especially the engine bay! Gots lots more work to be done but the good news is it should be coming home with me next week... Then I can get my hands dirty once again!!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

These are my brand new tail lights installed. And I'm talkin brand new from toyota not refurbished or bought from a newer supra...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

More to come stay tuned...

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
So I got the repair manuals today and my boots for ebrake and shifter. I'm a little pissed cause I think they sent me a right hand drive supra ebrake boot. You be the judge?

This is what I ordered. It was from Mr. Gaiter in the UK but nothing says anything about right hand drive and the pic shows left hand drive ebrake and I wrong?
p721301_1.jpg

http://www.mrgaiter.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=48

This is what showed up to my house...
p721301_2.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Supra failed inspection by just a few points. Our mechanic says it just needs to be driven hard for a long time to heat up the deeposits and stuff. Here's sum pics...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And the carpet we ordered from stockinteriors.com. Looks good just gotta get the car back and cut the holes!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Bluechulappa said:
So I got the repair manuals today and my boots for ebrake and shifter. I'm a little pissed cause I think they sent me a right hand drive supra ebrake boot. You be the judge?

I got my boots from the same guy and was totally pumped with the quality and ease of transaction. That said, my car is RHD and I got a RHD boot. I think I specified the type and colour when I ordered though.

The set pictured is LHD.... Postage wasn't all that much if it has to be returned- best email the chap and let him know your problem. :)

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
I have pics of when we finally pushed it's dead, fat ass up Ken's driveway. It's sitting in Ken's garage at the moment. Haven't really gotten a chance to touch it since he and Casey are working on Brandon's car. I'm in no real hurry at the moment since I've been working a lot this week. Overall, Ken and Casey say it's not a bad deal for how much I paid and I'm pretty happy about it. I'll try to get a thread up when we start to get into tearing it apart so I know what's up.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great job Mr. Chulappa. You've got that car looking good. Did your compression come back up to where it needs to be? Do you have any new pictures of the carpet installed? Keep up the good work.