big meet in GA in june, at atl dragway

celica fanatic

7m mkII
Oct 9, 2007
Martin georgia
I am Cody who Tyler was talking about. If you need anything, give me a call at: 706-244- eight two two nine, and Chris phone number is 706-716-three seven four zero. Thanks everyone.

celica fanatic

7m mkII
Oct 9, 2007
Martin georgia
FINAL UPDATES POSTING HERE:

The 2010 Supra and Tuner Meet

Friday June 18th @ The Atlanta Dragway
ADDRESS: 500 E. Ridgeway Road, Commerce, GA 30529
www.atlantadragway.com
3:30 PM Meet/show off in the parking lot at the drag strip
6:00 PM Racing Begins, Supras invade the track
11:00 PM Racing ends track closes

Saturday June 19th (day two)
8:30 AM Starbucks Coffee meet-up for the early risers
9:30 AM Breakfast at Denny's Restaurant
10:30 AM FIRM We leave to cruise, SUPRAS ONLY! will stop for gas/lunch In beautiful Helen,GA

Cruise Destination/Details: Helen,GA more details in the works....

In June of 2010 we are gonna have the Southeast Georgia Supra and Tuner Meet at The Atlanta Dragway in Commerce,GA. It is off exit 149 off I-85. We had an awesome turnout last year and we want all of ya'll and many more people to show up. There is a huge parking lot there and YOU DONT HAVE TO DRAG if you dont want to but some of us will. It's $10 to get in and $20 to race. There will also be other types of cars there, which most of us Supra drivers aren't interested in but there will be others. TO THE MARK 4 DRIVERS none of ya'll showed up last year to our meet, bring the beasts out of the closet. I have high hopes for this one people. My names Chris Linch and Mr. Cody Atkinson will be assisting me. I do believe Mr. Billy M is going to organize and lead the cruise Saturday after the day at the strip. The Atlanta Dragway is easy to get to. The gates will open for us at 3:30 pm, racing and open test and tune will begin at 6:30 pm and the ending time will be 11pm.$10 to get in, $20 to race as many passes as you want.There are motels very close by, and many restaurants nearby. Telling everyone this far in advance will give time for the word to spread and ppl to get off early or get the day off from work. We are hoping for all the people that attended last years GA meet to be there and a whole lot more. I am very excited about this years meet. Last year there were I believe 27 Supras to show up, this year by the promise so far we are going to blow that away. Like I said there is a huge parking lot and a food/drink stand there in the parking lot. Me and Cody will give away a drink to everyone that arrives (Supra Drivers). Spread the word people, any questions just ask me or cody (celica fanatic) for details or directions. Atlanta Dragway has a website. Day Two is as listed, which is becoming a bonus day of Supra joy. Starbucks, where I will have my triple grande mocha, breakfast as listed and A long cruise up around Helen. Make sure you fill up the gas tank before we leave so we can cruise cruise. Important-> IF IT RAINS the date will be the following Friday the 25th of June at the same time, same details. Thanks ppls Spread the word.

This meet is posted on Supraforums.com, Supramania.com, CelicaSupra.com, ImportAtlanta.com, AutomotiveForums.com and the Atlanta Dragway sites. Me and Mr. Cody have made 300 flyers and have been passing them out randomly. Any help with this would be appreciated. Alright folks, getting freaking closer. Come out and enjoy the sexy cars, supra history, fast racing, and good old car shit SUPRA STYLE!

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
well thats really the only update lol, cody just beat me to it, i changed cars if thats enough of an update for you, sorry guys, but im sincerely looking forward to ALL of you to be there, im soo excited to rep the mkIII pride this year

celica fanatic

7m mkII
Oct 9, 2007
Martin georgia
Copied from original thread on celicasupra.com:

alright folks took in some advice and considerations and would like to know how many people are going on the cruise I have mapped out. This will be a serious cruise, taking some 4 hours, but will have LOTS of BEAUTIFUL scenery. We will go through the curvy ass mountain on up through Dahlonega, the Brasstown Bald area, and then through Helen and back to Commerce. Lots and lots of pretty areas and lots of fun driving.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1pn=Den...n_US:M::/bl:/e
for more detailing of this beautiful route check out the google maps where you can actually see the whole route in photographs

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Does anyone know the rules for the test and tune running. I just want to know what is needed. If im correct you need a helmet if running under 14.5 and under 12 there is some more stuff and under 10 is some more. I have a stock 88 turbo auto, running 10 psi that my wife is gonna run. She should be able to get under 14.5 but im not sure how well she will drive. So I guess I am gonna need to pick up a helmet for her if I am correct on the times. Anyone know for sure what the test and tune requirements are? Anyone ever ran there before? Any ideas on eta for the described car at 10 psi auto trans, also exhaust is stock but cats are empty.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
giterboosted;1575486 said:
Really??? Maaaaybe so

Yea, i talked to my parents. they said anyone who drives a supra will get discounts. we can all stop here for lunch. its on highway 9 right by the square in dahlonega. not out of the way at all. its on the way.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

metaphysico;1575927 said:
Does anyone know the rules for the test and tune running. I just want to know what is needed. If im correct you need a helmet if running under 14.5 and under 12 there is some more stuff and under 10 is some more. I have a stock 88 turbo auto, running 10 psi that my wife is gonna run. She should be able to get under 14.5 but im not sure how well she will drive. So I guess I am gonna need to pick up a helmet for her if I am correct on the times. Anyone know for sure what the test and tune requirements are? Anyone ever ran there before? Any ideas on eta for the described car at 10 psi auto trans, also exhaust is stock but cats are empty.

Jason? its Alan what up.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
^ Yep its me. I got the hoses and all hooked up on her car and got the throttle redone. The blocked off port on the side of the motor is for the heater core on a right hand drive you use that line and on a left hand drive it goes the other way all is reversed. Anyway all the hoses are on and most everything is done. I had it running for an hour or so and the only problem is that it is loping at idle now, it was not doing that before. Also the tach dosent work now which it did before and the oil pressure gauge is not working. So I guess I am gonna have to pull more stuff off the parts car but im not sure if the tach worked at all before since its an na tach im not sure if the signal is the same. But the reason for it loping is that is is running really rich so maybe either a bad fuel regulator (not likely since jtube in intacked) or cold start valve sticking open not sure, I may end up pulling all the injectors and doing a flow test.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
metaphysico;1577144 said:
^ Yep its me. I got the hoses and all hooked up on her car and got the throttle redone. The blocked off port on the side of the motor is for the heater core on a right hand drive you use that line and on a left hand drive it goes the other way all is reversed. Anyway all the hoses are on and most everything is done. I had it running for an hour or so and the only problem is that it is loping at idle now, it was not doing that before. Also the tach dosent work now which it did before and the oil pressure gauge is not working. So I guess I am gonna have to pull more stuff off the parts car but im not sure if the tach worked at all before since its an na tach im not sure if the signal is the same. But the reason for it loping is that is is running really rich so maybe either a bad fuel regulator (not likely since jtube in intacked) or cold start valve sticking open not sure, I may end up pulling all the injectors and doing a flow test.

goodluck. you got 8 days. lol my freakin car man everythings perfect then bam 2 codes and the brakes are sticking:( maybe even a wheel bearing idk. but i got 8 days to get her right again:(

celica fanatic

7m mkII
Oct 9, 2007
Martin georgia
We rode the entire cruise the other day, and it doesn't take the 4 hours we thought it would. It's actually a little under 3 hours. This Friday is the meet. Be there everyone!

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
ill be there. doing last minute touch ups:) got my brakes done got my codes cleared. now im throwing a TPS code but my tps checks out. and it runs normal. just gotta wash n wax her now:)