big meet in GA in june, at atl dragway

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Hello everyone trying to put this out there ahead of time. In June of 2010 we are gonna have the northeast Georgia Supra Meet at The Atlanta Dragway in Commerce,GA. It is off exit 149 off I-85. We had an awesome turnout last year and we want all of ya'll and many more people to show up. There is a huge parking lot there and YOU DONT HAVE TO DRAG if you dont want to but some of us will. It's $10 to get in and $20 to race. It will be on a Friday in June,2010 so everyone will have PLENTY of time to get off work or make arrangements. There will also be other types of cars there, which most of us Supra drivers arent interested in but there will be others. TO THE MARK 4 DRIVERS none of yall showed up last year to our meet, bring the beasts out of the closet. I have high hopes for this one people. We'll get exact date when we get closer. Cody who hosted last years meet for georgia supras will be hosting this year with me,and my friend chris, my name is tyler, if anyone needs any help finding it or anything of the sort, please let me know, we had a great time last fall and hope to get more MkIII's and MkIV's out there this year, Let us know the interest level, spread the word.

mods if theres a section for this better than general, as i havent ever really looked for a correct one, please feel free to move and inform me, thanks

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
regional section, southeast would be the right place. but don't know how much traffic it gets. you may add in your sig an announcement about it with a link to the thread.

only downside of being a friday is attendance is usually less than on a saturday.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Yea, would probably be better on a Saturday or Sunday. Still make sure to update with the exact date so I can ask off..wouldn't mind coming to watch.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Well it's Gina be a Friday because we talked to the track manager and wer guna have the place for maybe four hours or so bedew they're open for what's called fast Fridays, its literally like half a mile off 85 at commerce, so lots of shopping and good eats rite there beside the track, sorry bout the wong section just tryin to get it out there

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
I have friends in ATL, so I could see driving up & making a wekeend of it. I wouldn't drag, but I'd love to watch. My 1JZ and my shifter need some maintenance before being anywhere near drag ready, even just for fun.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
there used to be a big atlanta meet back in the day. most of the smaller ones seem to have dropped off. dayton, st louis, atlanta, used to go to all of them. the NE meet used to be huge, and now that has really dropped off. i went to the first 3 and they were mega meets, had a blast!

here is a pic from #2 that was in SCC mag. i made front row :)

njmeet.jpg

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
giterboosted;1491631 said:
Well it's Gina be a Friday because we talked to the track manager and wer guna have the place for maybe four hours or so bedew they're open for what's called fast Fridays, its literally like half a mile off 85 at commerce, so lots of shopping and good eats rite there beside the track, sorry bout the wong section just tryin to get it out there

Have you posted this on Importatlanta? Or is this from IA?

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Not I haven't posted there, if anyone would like to please feel fre o do so, also we set a date june 18, it's a Friday because that's the nite the track opens up to the public, we will have the track from about 3 o'clock on, th track actually opens at 5, we figured this would be plenty of ahead of time notice for ppl to get this one afternoon off, hanks guys

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
we have georgiasupras.com , if you arent already a member, and you live in ga, join up, were kinda slow at the moment but its only because were relatively new, we appreciate all the members we can get

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll try to be there as well as my wife and a few friends from neighboring counties and states.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
oh no, dang, well if it rains itl be the friday after that, so when are you guna be back? cus youre on pretty much every forum i am lol, also i have a lot of your cafepress stuff, itd be great to have you if you could, and the rest of you, im SOOOO looking forward to it, i wont be the only MkIII there this year, yay

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
giterboosted;1494517 said:
oh no, dang, well if it rains itl be the friday after that, so when are you guna be back? cus youre on pretty much every forum i am lol, also i have a lot of your cafepress stuff, itd be great to have you if you could, and the rest of you, im SOOOO looking forward to it, i wont be the only MkIII there this year, yay

Tanya does the Cafepress stuff, not DT.

DT, is this only because I posted up that I was going to try and make it.........:cry: