Best sounding Supra is a 5M Turbo!?

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
MA67SupraTurbo;1657608 said:
yeah, it started out with the TRD, I got free stickers with parts and went nuts, don't know if i'll keep it or not, just did it during the build. I kinda agree with you tbh.

Heh. Been there and done that. I've since started sticking em to the underside the hood. lol

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
MA67SupraTurbo;1656610 said:
[/B]

Yeah, I knew I wanted a quiet stealth mode, and a free flowing Beast mode! The cutout switch is on the steering in front of the keys, easy to reach and make the car roar, then if I see a cop or am driving next to one, I close the cutout and have 2 big 3" Mufflers to keep it quiet! No drone, no problems, I personally rate it second funnest thing to do to a car besides turbocharging. Love to roll up on a revving camaro or whatever V8, and rev my car with the bov! Their like WTMF!?

how much did the cutout cost and were did you get it from? i have been wanting one so bad!!!!

Dec 31, 2010
IL
mk3tattoos;1661850 said:
how much did the cutout cost and were did you get it from? i have been wanting one so bad!!!!

mk3tattoos;1661850 said:

You won't regret it. I got my cutout from Badlands for $175! (2.5-3" single exhaust)Y-pipe,6061 Aluminum Cutout valve,harness and switch, gasket and hardware. LINK:http://www.badlanzhpe.com/po.php?121 *They say free shipping US but charged me 10 bucks iirc.* Hook it up to your battery before install so you can become familiar with it actuating. Where the harness connects together needs to be wrapped in E-tape because the metal cog ring is hot and will blow the 3 amp fuse. Other than that, install the switch somewhere convenient, spool is quicker and you make more hp at the Same psi than your full exhaust as seen on this MKIV! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCl-v_AzLE Peace.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Push;1663305 said:
Where in IL are you from? Very impressive 5m

Currently between Rockford and Moline, up north like you, just went to Chicago to hunt for houses, I plan on going to Rush Medical University for Nuclear Med. I'm probably an hour and half away, I was ganna start this Jan but had some unfortunate incidences happen in the family. Anyways I use to work on Aircraft's but want my Bachelor's in nuclear med. I'll be a Real close to you once I live in Chicago.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
northwestsupra;1663632 said:
i've got a i think QTP 3 inch electric cutout from my MKIII gonna sound like sex when i open it. next to waste gate to the atmosphere :)

QTP is better, I believe it has lip edges that seal better, not that mine has any hissing or leaks, but who knows down the road. I have my wastegate routed to the cutout Y-Pipe pointing at the cutout exit, I wanted to be able to boost in silence, and so when it's closed the bypassed gasses go through the full exhaust. You should consider it, but yes, it does sound like sex. Never dreamed it would sound this good! If only I could capture the audio as is irl.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
MA67SupraTurbo;1663320 said:
Currently between Rockford and Moline, up north like you, just went to Chicago to hunt for houses, I plan on going to Rush Medical University for Nuclear Med. I'm probably an hour and half away, I was ganna start this Jan but had some unfortunate incidences happen in the family. Anyways I use to work on Aircraft's but want my Bachelor's in nuclear med. I'll be a Real close to you once I live in Chicago.

Depending. That 45 minute drive on I55 or I88 can be quite the bitch at times.... (Family lived off Rt.57 in Aurora for awhile.)

Did you look at the collar suburbs at all? I just saw a 250k house go for 145k in North Riverside. And that would be fine commuting distance, and near the Blue Line as well.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
No I didn't know that, I only have 26G's to drop on one, because paying for NucMed school and a house is ganna squeeze me dry. I love it though, met up with a friend who lived south enough to go eat at Cicero. Then he needed my help changing a broken flywheel, not the teeth, the center broke loose and spun. WTF was he doing? First time I worked on a car lying in the snow. His tools looked like he found them in the ocean, and had em in a big recycle bucket, so the house hunting didn't go as expected.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
Cicero eh? Haha, I'm right next door to Cicero. You want cheap, there's somewhere to look.... Just try to ignore the sporadic gunfire.

Are you only looking to spend 26k total? Or is that what you have for a downpayment? You more than likely won't like most of the areas 26k straight will get you into, even with foreclosures still abundant. How big/type of place are you thinking of?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
yeah for 26k flat out you're going to end up a not so great neighborhood. you MIGHT get lucky but good luck on that one.

hurray for the Illinois peeps hahaha

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Donnie;1668918 said:
Cicero eh? Haha, I'm right next door to Cicero. You want cheap, there's somewhere to look.... Just try to ignore the sporadic gunfire.

Are you only looking to spend 26k total? Or is that what you have for a downpayment? You more than likely won't like most of the areas 26k straight will get you into, even with foreclosures still abundant. How big/type of place are you thinking of?

Holy cow guys 26K to spend total? No way, lol, I have never in my life seen a house for that price, I wanted to use it as a down payment on a small house/2 car garage. I almost got a 2 bedroom 3 car for 69k here but need to live by Rush. As for crime, I have lived in the Sea/Tac (pierce) area WA, and Hawaii (ever seen dog the bounty hunter) and want to live in southern Chi. (Grew up in IL. RockFord) I will then probably mover to AZ or maybe Colorado. I don't mind the excitement. Rent in hawaii was 2,500. I looked at dorms right down the corner 890-1300 but gotta have my own place. I WILL TRY TO POST A VID OF MY SUPRA COVERED IN SNOW. MODS HELP PLEASE.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KZxuSrwzlss" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

of course it didn't work...

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
bahahaha

Rush University is on the northish side of the loop. west burbs might be a decent idea. could probably find what you're looking for in a decent neighborhood for not a huge amount of money.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Moy;1669423 said:
bahahaha

Rush University is on the northish side of the loop. west burbs might be a decent idea. could probably find what you're looking for in a decent neighborhood for not a huge amount of money.

Also Rickford has a really good program and would be more convenient/cheaper. But like I said, big cities are all I know, I have to live where the population density is ridiculous. Small place creep me out a little. Anyways thnx guys.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
west burbs still have decently large populations. Darien, Woodridge, Bolingbrook. I think Berwyn has decently sized population and would have what you're looking for, and is fairly close to the city.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
Moy;1669665 said:
west burbs still have decently large populations. Darien, Woodridge, Bolingbrook. I think Berwyn has decently sized population and would have what you're looking for, and is fairly close to the city.

+1 on Berwyn. Public Transportation in and out of the City proper, and decent pricing. The north end of would be cheapest, albeit with more crime. The southern end is a bit more expensive, but is a much nicer area. All in all, certainly a town to take a look at. (Take note, the further east you go in Berwyn, the more of a crapshoot it becomes due to the proximity to Cicero.)

Stickney and Hodgkins are also in that general area, and can be quite cheap. Being right off of I55, they would be convenient for commuting as well. Take a look at Lyons while you're at it.

Illinois guys ftw!