best mk3 exhaust

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
mk111ricky said:
So whats the best : 1) the HKS Dragger 2) Blitz Nur Spec R 3) Goliath Exhaust Systems { is that for the mk3 as well } 4) RS-R Exmag GT II Exhaust ( you can find that at jscspeed.com ) 5 ) some thing i dont know about .
i am looking for :
a loud BOV ( u can hear me when i let off the gas )
a good Hp gain exhaust that looks good ( one a scale of 1 to 10 , 10 being the louds , i would like the exhaust to be around 7 , i dont want it to sound like i am at a drag track .
OH and whats the best Down PIPE out there
If you want a bov that you can hear very well I would say to go with the hks ssq bov. As for the exhaust, the blitz comes with a silencer so that would quiet it up when you would like. Im not sure how loud the goliath will be but it is a 4" exhaust :evil2: As for the best dp, it would have to be the BIC

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
"Best" is a opinionated word. I happen to think my exhaust is one of the best Ive heard. It consists of a BIC DDP, BIC Race Testpipe, custom 3" HKS Carbon/Ti catback. Sounds deep and throaty. Ive had nothing but compliments about it. I'll get a video clip up soon.

Pretty much any full 3" system will sound good on a turbo 7M.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm thinking custom 4" from the turbo back, and a nice Magnaflow Ti can out back.

The trick is adding the resonator in between where the stock rear cat goes, and the bend before the rear axle. Without the resonator, most exhausts are too loud.

Burns makes some nice "bullet" type exhausts that could be adapted as resonators and so does Borla.

Too bad nobody makes a nice 80mm Ti catback with a resonator for the MK3. That would be worth spending a few bucks on, and I'd let my HKS Turbo sport catback go. (Would not mind a Ti downpipe in 80mm as well, but it should have some kind of flex section between the turbo and the lower part. Nothing worse than sending any impact force back up that long DP lever arm to your turbo housing and exhaust manifold.)

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
D34DC311 said:
BOLT-ONS and a stong engine, will get u 400hp. .

it will? I need to jump on that boat then. Stock twins will not safely go above 15 psi and you are lucky to get 350rwhp with them.

I have the orginal n1 dunk with everything else custom made and I think it sounds like crap with my car. But of course the 1j will never sound as nice as the 7m

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
Down here in Aus I have a custom mandrel bent 3" turbo back, hollow cat (shhhh) and a Zetti cannon muffler. its nice and quiet at idle but loud as a bitch when giving it some stick.

Oh yeah and for the best sound get a 7m lol

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
it must be a oz thing as i too have a hollowed out cat (Low car+ high kurbs at night = crushed cat internals).Just got my new pipework done.3" dump from back of turbo,relocated o2 sensor (thanks IJ for your input) 3bolt flange on the front of the cat and out to my Trust muffler.(the tip is 5.5' wide and 4' high :D )Nice and deep but also damn quiet compared to others.IMHO Loud isnt good when your trying to seek away from cops.Can really hear the turbo wind up and the wastegate open up.Best aud$200 mod ive spent.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
This is the best mkiii exhaust...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

:p :D