Aussie MKIII chitchat! (all welcome) NWS

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
fatboy13;1312863 said:
So had a look at the turbos last night.... they have HKS stamped on the front housings... Garret tags on the middle bit...

But other than a set of flange adaptors for the exhaust manifolds, they use the stock intake piping from the 1J and have my old dumps fitted up to them now... no shaft play and they are def ball bearing:D plus they have braided oil lines now as well...

plus the rear housings are still rather small... they are def bigger than stockies though

Pics up later today but you cant see much... What turbos do they sound like people cos I though 25/30s were bigger and would have different intake piping??

Thoughts?

EDIT: so apparently they are looking more and more like HKS T3Gs... going to have a look tonight hopefully... also they are apparently ball bearing meaning they would be rebuilt:D

Whats the deal with the new setup, got it running yet?

beatle

Mar 9, 2008
perth west oz
umm, i got a bunch of stock & broken jza70 stuff.
none of which is probabably any use to you
everything else i am hording as spares (PS pump, Hydro pump etc)

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
beatle;1326881 said:
umm, i got a bunch of stock & broken jza70 stuff.
none of which is probabably any use to you
everything else i am hording as spares (PS pump, Hydro pump etc)

Ah OK. What I am looking for is the grommets in the front wheel wells that the brake hardlines pass through from the engine bay to the wheel well

What brings you to these shores anyway?

beatle

Mar 9, 2008
perth west oz
try chris, (disturbed1) he was parting out a JZA70 cut the other day

i've been on here for a while, mainly trawling tech sections and the like when i need info. but i came on the other day to find a horn button i saw on ebay a few years ago. the one with the pre 89 supra logo on it. i just bought a nardi and the momo button will look kind of out of place :p. but i have found some TRD ones on UK ebay, so if i dont find them again soon i'll get one of them

Xistant

xistant
Jun 6, 2005
melbourne
sds
wenis

p1329086_1.jpg

meow!

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Shame you can't see the flames that were coming out the gate :(. More pics from Tuesday.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The A80's where they should be :p

sm_photo_missing.jpg

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
whats goin on in here yo..

finally got my power steering fixed.
it seems that the lines that run from the rack to the pump under the motor are interchangable with a80 ones :)
made it dam cheap for me

also.
ball joints anyone ?
where to get cheap in particular

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
When I got new balljoints I just got genuine Toyota, was not sure if there even was any aftermarket stuff out there.

How is the new turbo going?

Are you going to be down my way again any time soon?

Also, do you know of anyone selling an ABS unit? I need it for detailing experiments so not fussed on condition really

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
HKS_TRD;1343450 said:
When I got new balljoints I just got genuine Toyota, was not sure if there even was any aftermarket stuff out there.

How is the new turbo going?

Are you going to be down my way again any time soon?

Also, do you know of anyone selling an ABS unit? I need it for detailing experiments so not fussed on condition really

factory toyota ball joints are sooo expensive :(
was looking at the ones from driftmotion for $59us each seems the way to go. autobarn cost price is $185 each
335rrp or some crap

and yes actually, iam comming over your way on the 9th. and i have an abs unit from a jza70. i dont have the brackett as i sent that to xsjado.
but if your just after the unit ive got that no worries.

new turbos going great.
took a while to get everything settled down, and i blew one of the power steering lines under my car which i had to replace too, but ive only just got everything working really nicely :)
iam thinking i prob got around 300rwkw, but yet to be dynod.
pretty much same mods as jon but with a larger turbo and more boost.
440's
gt35r with .82ar
1.4bar
safc

feels really strong. was quicker than a 260rwkw evo so id have to be close to 300 i guess

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Wow man sounds like its all coming together nicely

How much did you want for that ABS unit, out of curiosity where did you get it from? I wont need the bracket so thats all good man

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
HKS_TRD;1343471 said:
Wow man sounds like its all coming together nicely

How much did you want for that ABS unit, out of curiosity where did you get it from? I wont need the bracket so thats all good man

aw man i dont kno.
not much.

it was in my halfcut
i cbf moving all the abs stuff into my car
just sitting there taking up space

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
OK bring it with you.

is the plastic cover in good shape?

I plan to take it apart to some degree, see if can go back together or no, would rather try this on a spare for obvious reasons.

Sadly I will still have no car to show you ....

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
HKS_TRD;1343473 said:
OK bring it with you.

is the plastic cover in good shape?

I plan to take it apart to some degree, see if can go back together or no, would rather try this on a spare for obvious reasons.

Sadly I will still have no car to show you ....

i havent seen it in a while, but from memory it was in decent condition.

lol no worries mate :)