Aussie MKIII chitchat! (all welcome) NWS

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Pfft!

Excuses, excuses!!!!!!!

At least yours was ABLE to be run...

We pulled the car out of the garage on Friday night to get her all cleaned up, and she didn't even make it down the driveway... Opened the bonnet to find smoke/steam POURING from between the block and the head...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I had a cry, and then I got really mad... Paid thousands of dollars for work and all I got was a bhg :(

We're thinking of having a working bee this weekend to tear it down and then send it to machinist next week...

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
LilMissMkIII;1259867 said:
Pfft!

Excuses, excuses!!!!!!!

At least yours was ABLE to be run...

We pulled the car out of the garage on Friday night to get her all cleaned up, and she didn't even make it down the driveway... Opened the bonnet to find smoke/steam POURING from between the block and the head...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I had a cry, and then I got really mad... Paid thousands of dollars for work and all I got was a bhg :(

We're thinking of having a working bee this weekend to tear it down and then send it to machinist next week...

That's truly unlucky girl!

Wonder what the mechanic might have done to cause that.... that's why I take my car to one mechanic and one that I know is competent with what he's doing. One that knows how to work with our cars.

Hope you get her up and running as soon as possible. MK3's are the sexiest cars in the world and looking by your pics she deserves to be on the road, not off. :(

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks Vas... I'm hoping she is on the road in the next few weeks.

It actually went to a mate's shop...

I know EXACTLY what they did to cause it, and it proves that these guys are all talk and really have nfi what they are doing.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Look forward to seeing the progress

I'm still cleaning goo off off the body and various bits and pieces

Made a democratic decision that the HKS oil pressure gauge is being taken out seeing as I got the factory one to work again, I only have room for 4 gauges so EFT, Fuel Pressure, Oil Temp and Water temp are what I decided to keep.

Guy painting my car said no gauges at all is best, who ever really looks at any of them when the car is on full noise.

He had a valid point I guess

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
IJ.;1260568 said:
MoTeC dash wins hands down Dan ;)

It does but I cant afford it.

In your opinion if you could only have 4 aftermarket gauges, bearing in mind my AVC-R displays boost, what would they be?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Probably the wrong person to ask Dan I ran my car for most of it's life on a stock dash.

I'd just configure a bunch of lights to run off the M800 and set it up to protect the motor if something goes wrong.

Don't know about you but when going fast there's no way in hell I can watch gauges.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Yeah that sounds the go. At the moment the check engine light is my shift light. I think one long term project will be to further utilise the MOTECs capability as I am only scratching the surface with it.

Be warned, when I get it going and load up the newer software I may need some advice on setting up the idle speed controller on it

I found water temp is the only gauge I ever looked at and the EGT I left on peak hold and looked at after a blast on high boost to see what happened

My Brother and I went for a drive in his yesterday and now I really miss mine :cry:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
IJ.;1260579 said:
The new software kicks serious arse! :)

You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I have mine doing!!

I can imaginem, what sort of stuff have you got it doing.
Also, how are you controlling your auto, does the Motec have a hand in that or some aftermarket controller?

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
damm it.
i think i need a new r154 slave, or at least a rebuild kit.
anyone have one spare or know where i can get a kit ???????/

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Not.

Waiting on hg - hopefully we can have her all back together and running by this time next week!

OT - We bought a budgie today... Holy shit they are awesome!!!!!!!!