May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I got this from the seller now:

Hello Kristian,

I had a 15 minutes discussion with DHL today. In my opinion it´s their
fault, I packed the cams in the same way as they were shipped in
japanese inland and from Japan to Germany, without any damage. So I
think packing was sufficient. But DHL refuses to pay a compensation,
because the box itself was not damaged. So I can´t give you a refund.
I'm not happy with this situation too, but I can´t change it. Actually,
shipping IS at buyers risk.

Regards
Daniel

So now it is the buyer who all of a sudden is responsible for the packaging?

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Bullshit. No manufacturer ships cams with metal on metal touching. Any packaging involves isolating the cam so no part of them touches.

Your seller just doesn't want to deal with it and is an unethical liar.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Bullshit, the shipping is never at buyer's risk. If you bought them through ebay, get ebay involved (if they even will anymore).

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
My claim just got refused by paypal with the following reply:

We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received.

So I guess Paypal thinks it is ok to ship things in a way so they will break.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Can't say I'm suprised.....

DISGUSTED but not surprised, this outcome is kind of expected and why I had a pair of stock cams hard face welded back when I built my 7M as I didn't want to risk shipping something as easily damaged.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I think there are a lot of people on the german forum that are as disgusted.

I don't undertand how he can do such a thing if he is trying to run a business. I'll stick to him on the german forums and make sure that he'll never sell one thing again.

This is going to cost him.

I even paid him 500 euros for them although he had tried to sell them on ebay for 400.

See the german forum here: http://www.supra-forum.de/showthread.php?p=468674#post468674

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Paypal only cares that you sent money, and that they shipped something. It's an old story with them. Provided the seller can provide some sort of proof of shipping, they are out.

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
Wow, that sucks. Did you pay via credit card on paypal? If you did, just do a chargeback. If you paid through your bank, you could try contacting them too.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Paypal and with credit card on paypal. I have called paypal and they say I can't do that. I also talked to my bank and they said the same thing.

Paypal even said that even if he had shipped me an empty box they wouldn't do anything. The fact that he shipped something aka has a tracking number is enough for them.

So no buyer protection at all.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Do you still have the cams? they can be salvaged. Also, when you do a dispute, make sure you do a "not as described" dispute. you could still run the cams with a magnetic pick up on a crank trigger in your ati damper and skip using a CPS all together.

I have never held a set of hks 7m cams in my hand. Does anyone know if they are billet or chilled cast? If billet, its an easy fix. The 2jz cams are billet steel, maybe the 7m are cast?

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I did a not as described dispute. Problem is I bought them through his website and not on ebay. Paypal told me that they were not concerned about the quality of the cams. If he send me cams then I got what I was entitled to. The fact that they were broken didn't matter. They said that even if he shipped me an empty box they wouldn't do anything. Their only requirement is that he shipped "something".

They are cast. You can have them if you'll pay for the shipping. I've already packed them so they can stand being run over by a truck.

I was told they were cast. And therefore difficult to weld and that there was a high chance of them breaking again.

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
Kristian_Wraae;1488823 said:
Paypal and with credit card on paypal. I have called paypal and they say I can't do that. I also talked to my bank and they said the same thing.

Paypal even said that even if he had shipped me an empty box they wouldn't do anything. The fact that he shipped something aka has a tracking number is enough for them.

So no buyer protection at all.

If it hasn't been too long, I'd call my credit card company and do a chargeback then. Screw paypal.