Arrgggggggghh

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I just need to vent.

Before christmas I bought 10 hard drives on ebay. Recieved them shortly after just to find out they were the wrong ones. Seller screwed up. Had to go through dispute and ended up with a refund minus import duty.

I then bought an unused ATI harmonic damper for my 7M from a german forum member. It showed up broken. No refund from the Post since they claimed poor packaging. Seller made a partial refund of the damaged parts.

I then bought a HKS SSQV limited edition on ebay just to find out that it was fake. Seller claimed it was real but would allow me to return it at my own expense (I live in Denmark.....)

I then bought a HKS 19 mm recirculation valve for it at 29 USD and 29 USD shipping. Had to pay import duty and since the seller had marked the value for 100 USD I had to pay 33% of that. When I opened the package it contained the wrong fitting (worth 17 USD). Seller is shipping a new one and I hope it'll find it's way past the customs.

I then bought a set of very nice HKS cam shafts for my 7M.

They arrived today. Wraped in a old red t-shirt and rubbing against each other all the way from Germany.

The result:

HKS256ex.JPG

One broken CPS drive....

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

I'm so pissed.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Is the broken piece in there somewhere? If so then indeed it was broken while shipped. If not, then it was shipped to you in that condition. Hopefully seller didn't dupe you and showed you pics of the good side.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
HATE the way some people ship things just to save a $ on the costs.... :nono:

I always go a little over the top to make sure it arrives in the same condition it left here in.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Yes, it is so annoying. A little effort on his part and this would not have happend.

I have just had a reply from him and he seems sad about the situation. I'll let him have the benefit of doubt at the moment. The cams are going back tomorrow.

I don't want to risk him claiming I shipped them back poorly packaged so I have made a little video of me wrapping them up.

If someone wanna have a look and tell me if that is ok wrapping I'd appreciate it. Wrapped the intake cam with almost all my bubble wrap since it is the only one not damaged.

The cams came wrapped only in the red t-shirt and with only one layer of t-shirt in between them. Then wrapped in the white paper. I could hear them banging against each other when I unwrapped the parcel.

www.japanerfusk.dk/Movie_0006.wmv

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
IJ.;1486105 said:
Rolled in bubble wrap then slide each Cam into it's own post tube then tape the 2 tubes together.

That's exactly how Dan sent mine.

I joked at the time that they were a MASSIVE pita to unwrap, but I am very thankful he spent the extra time to do it that way.

r45marsh

Old MotorHead
Sep 22, 2007
Huntsville,Alabama
IJ.;1486108 said:
Don't write "FRAGILE" on it postal workers take that as a challenge :(

Retired USPS Mail Handler (Load & Unload Trucks, sort parcels)

Was told in indoctrination that Fragile is French for put it on the bottom:evil2:

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I rewrapped the cam ad modum IJ / Dan. I took the opportunity to take few more pictures of the damage. Both cams show these marks. They are trash. Sad since they were HKS and sort of antique.

CIMG0838.JPG

CIMG0839.JPG

CIMG0840.JPG

CIMG0841.JPG

CIMG0843.JPG

Each cam wrapped in bubble wrap and then each cam in a poster tube. Wrapped together and then more bubble wrap and stuffing.

CIMG0844.JPG

CIMG0848.JPG

CIMG0850.JPG

CIMG0852.JPG

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Could someone not make a copy of these cams, if its just the CPS drive thats damaged - could measurements be taken and a new one made out of billet steel?

Also - is there no way of welding the cps gear up, and milling it back?

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I'll forward your suggestions to the seller so he can do it after he has refunded me and received the cams.

I'm not dealing with this. It is his problem. He caused it.